One person early season tent?

Elite

WKR
So what is everyone’s go to tent for a early season solo sheep hunting trip? I would like to have a floor/netting to keep the bugs away. They are terrible that time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a 3F UL tent that I purchased from a fellow rokslider. I have used it on the prairies during archery season for antelope (Aug.) and in the hills for deer a little later in the fall (Sept.) I like the weight and the size. However I would like for it to be a little more robust in terms of material and keeping me dry. I have had it through a couple good rain storms and between the rain and the condensation, things were a little damp. For me, the fact that it sets up with just stakes and a treking pole, make it worth the risk of being damp.

I run a 3F UL tent that I purchased from a fellow rokslider. I have used it on the prairies during archery season for antelope (Aug.) and in the hills for deer a little later in the fall (Sept.) I like the weight and the size. However I would like for it to be a little more robust in terms of material and keeping me dry. I have had it through a couple good rain storms and between the rain and the condensation, things were a little damp. For me, the fact that it sets up with just stakes and a treking pole, make it worth the risk of being damp.

I have one of those too. With tents that small, if there is any type of humidity, there’s going to be condensation on the inside of the fly regardless of how much ventilation there is.

You can open the vestibules up to get more air flow (when it’s not raining). Also, make sure you’re using the two guylines on the head/feet side to pull the outer tent away from the inner tent. Even with condensation on the inside, it all should flow away from you and to the ground. I also seem sealed mine (it costs like $5).

What I like about the tent is that the inner is removable and can be used as a floorless shelter if camping in an area or during a season with few bugs.