One shot question šŸ§

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
I spray cases in a loading block so rarely do they get spray in the lower 25%. I use quick towel method, no solvents and never saw a problem.

Friend likes to keep every rifle in his safe well lubed, inside and out. Forgot to clean the chamber - basically the inverse of not cleaning case lube off brass. Results of no case grip (FYI - it should read "6 mm BR REM"):

View attachment 694328
Lol- thatā€™s when you finally know your at the loads velocity potential! Why leave free speed on the table? šŸ˜›kidding

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
I try to always clean them before I run them through the sizing die. I smoked a die with a single grain of sand. Every piece of brass that ran through it had a deep gouge. I couldnā€™t polish that out of the die body.

buffybr

FNG
95% of the time I use Lee Collet dies......no lube necessary. I wipe off Imperial wax when I use body die though.
I'm on my 2nd or 3rd can of Imperial wax (in over 40 yrs of using it), and always wipe it off after loading.

I don't use my tumbler to remove the wax because I don't want the wax in the media when I clean the cases after fireing them.

Vern400

WKR
I got bad pressure signs with RCBS case lube.
Known good load I'd shot quite a bit.
Sierra tech support said "wipe the monkey snot off your cases and call me back if you have real trouble".

Vern400

WKR
I'm on my 2nd or 3rd can of Imperial wax (in over 40 yrs of using it), and always wipe it off after loading.

I don't use my tumbler to remove the wax because I don't want the wax in the media when I clean the cases after fireing them.
Dang that's a lot of loading. I can load a batch of 500 7.62 and not tell any is gone from the can. Good for you!

49ereric

WKR
I just wipe the rcbs lube off with a a paper towel after sizing and never have had an issue.

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
After having neck tension issues with One Shot left inside the neck ID I added a cleaning step after sizing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just wipe them off with a dirty rag that sits on my bench. Once the rag gets too nasty, I pitch it and get a new one.

I use all different sorts of case lube, I donā€™t care, I just donā€™t want to get a case stuck. I have the paste stuff, high pressure lube and some rcbs stuff. I just use whichever I happen to grab. I resize/deprime, then just a quick wipe before putting it into the thing that holds the shells.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Most consistent process I've found is lube well with Alcohol/Lanolin spray mix, then toss into white rice and tumble for an hour or 2 to remove lube.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I use RCBS lube and pad. I tumble after resizing and trimming and then run in an ultrasonic. Not necessary but I like the brass squeaky clean. Whatever gives ya that warm fuzzy, ya know?