Pennsylvania Whitetail Pant

boxx

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all
I currently am running some older Under Armour hunting pants, the browtines I believe. I was looking at getting a new pant but was wondering what everyone else is using or recommends. I archery hunt some and mostly rifle hunt. When I'm rifle hunting I usually "beat the brush" so I need something durable. Rifle season starts after thanksgiving so the pants need to be warm.

adamm88

WKR
I havent used mine extensively yet but the timberlines with a good base layer if its cold. If your sitting add a woobie over your lap.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
KUIU Guide DCS if it’s cold
First Lite Corrugates when it’s not

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
If you are moving through the brush and want something with a little insulation I would go with the First Lite Catalyst pants. I used those last season and never once had an issue and they kept me warm into the low 30's. If you want something lighter First Lite came out with a new brush pant, which I hear is better than their corrugates.

renagde

WKR
A warm insulated pant is usually not durable enough to beat PA brush. Last year I hunted in my Sitka Mountain pants and beat through mountain laurel for half a day during the rifle opener. I thought they worked well enough that I bought the Timberlines which are basically the same thing with waterproof knees and seat. If i get cold I'll toss on puffy pants while sitting but if I'm moving I wont' get cold. Another nice pant is the new First Lite Sawbuck pants, which are reinforced Corrugates. That might be the ticket for beating the briars.

BigHink66

FNG
LL Bean used to make a gore Tex brush pant that were very good for grouse and deer hunting.

I believe they still do but not gore Tex. Check what orvis has to offer as well.

fatlander

WKR
Sitka timberlines would probably fit your bill. I’ve got a pair that I wear for basically everything. Also have a pair of Sitka stratus pants when I’m sitting for extended periods below 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd timberlines. Not the quietest pants for bow hunting but durable. you are going to want to wear a base layer if it is cold.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you are hunting the brush the timberlines would be great having the waterproof knee and butt really makes a big difference. A good core is always key if you have a good foundation to your core's then it will let you move moisture threw your core's and push them out to the next layer to keep optimal drying while brush busting and hiking as well as keep you warm in the times you need it. Once your core foundation is built you can build off of that I am a mountain pant guy myself with a light or heavy weight bottom depending on the conditions then if I am running into a wet climate area usually always have my gaiters with me then having a good Gortex pant for brush cloudburst is my choice but everyone has they own way of doing things.

Hi all
I currently am running some older Under Armour hunting pants, the browtines I believe. I was looking at getting a new pant but was wondering what everyone else is using or recommends. I archery hunt some and mostly rifle hunt. When I'm rifle hunting I usually "beat the brush" so I need something durable. Rifle season starts after thanksgiving so the pants need to be warm.

I hunt all over pa and have been using FL currogates with merino base layers when hunting growing clear cut areas. This year I'll be trying the FL sawbucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk