Pic rail with minimum hole spacing- Spartan?

Anyone.....just took in my Stocky's VG2 for Tikka. Asked them for two swivel studs so I was not dicking around with epoxy and drill bits to add a swivel. When stock arrived I was all like...WTF?

Can't even add a Harris to it, as the studs are 1.25" CTC.

Being that this whole Tikka with chopped barrel is 7.6lbs ready to race, a Spartan bipod would be my hunting Go To here with an Atlas for range work. That Spartan pic rail/Javelin combo would be sweet. I just cant tell if the milled in lengthwise slot is intended for variable mount and screw spacing? I am guessing it is, but nobody to answer a Chat at Spartan.

Any real world users have either: input on the Spartan rail and can let me know, or have suggests on micro spacing chunks of Pic Rail for an Atlas or similar?

Kinda floored at that sling spacing really, but here I am.

1708120569392.png

I honestly can't answer for the rail you have pictured, but for the ARCA mounts that I have installed, that is exactly how I used the slot. The back hole lined up with the existing stud hole and then the other one lined up wherever it fell within the milled slot. Works just fine.

logem

FNG
Several manufacturers make a rail similar to the one shown below from Evolution Bipod which will allow you to use the existing threaded holes in your stock. They accept sling swivels too, without the large protrusion on the one your showing.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 092544.png

ljalberta

WKR
I’d reach out to Stockys on this. Seems real bizarre to me unless there was a specific request for that up front.

wnelson14

WKR
Drilling a new hole and adding another t nut is easier than loading a rifle with ammo.
I’ve done it on every stockys stock I have had. I think there is a lot of info on the VG Hunter thread about this.