Pinedale, Wy Outfitter

IaArcher

FNG
Looking for a rifle Elk hunt for 2024. My buddy and I are both sitting at 5 points now so we want to burn next year. What expectations should we have trophy quality? If there is a better area to go let me know. Which outfitter would you go with in this area. Thanks for the help

Marble

WKR
I dont know any outfitters there. We went on our own and the bulls we had within range were over 300. Im not that great of judge and ive killed some decent 320-340 bulls.

Lots of bugling bulls we didn't see. Overall quality is better than what I was used to and I think the expectation of a mature 6x6 isn't crazy. The ones we ran into had cows and we couldn't pull them away. I think a lack of experience archery hunting elk was our problem. Now with some experience under my belt and some more tools, I feel i would have a much better chance in that area.

Can't wait to get back there!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Dead Coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Justin Wright has been around a long time in that area.

Brian77

FNG
Justin Wright has been around a long time in that area.
Anyone have a report of their hunt with Mule Shoe outfitters?

robtattoo

WKR
Anyone have a report of their hunt with Mule Shoe outfitters?

Kinda. Anecdotal anyway.
I've never hunted with them (I'm broke) but I've hunted in the same area & around them, several times. This past season, my camp was within a mile of their New Fork camp & I passed by their corrals almost daily.
From what I saw, they were packing elk back to camp or base every time I saw them. Opening day of General season, they were packing 5 bulls back to base by early afternoon.
I spoke to a couple of guys who'd hunted with them this year & they were very happy with everything!