Pintler mounted on original guide light frame

Gearing up for mountain hunting, elk this year. I bought a Mystery Ranch mule on a original guide light frame for cheap off marketplace. Needed more room in a bag so I got the Pintler bag only from GoHunt on sale. Had to swap over all the buckles as the Pintler has the new style buckles on it. Order buckles for the mule so I can swap out bags depending on what I’m doing. I’ll be packing minimalistic for 3-4 nights in the mountains this year. I may add a lid if I need more space. I’ll be backpack hunting with all my gear unless I find some elk and then I’ll set up a spike camp.
IMG_7297.jpegIMG_7298.jpegIMG_7299.jpegIMG_7300.jpeg

I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I’m not a fan of the new buckles MR uses. It works pretty well. I tried the mule, but I would just rather have my pintler. I did get the Pintler modified this past week, added some stretchy pockets and a buckle to allow me to take the bag off the frame easier.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I’m not a fan of the new buckles MR uses. It works pretty well. I tried the mule, but I would just rather have my pintler. I did get the Pintler modified this past week, added some stretchy pockets and a buckle to allow me to take the bag off the frame easier.
I especially don't like the new tension lock buckles on the waist belt. They're pretty flimsy, and there's no possible field repair, so if it breaks in the woods, your hunt is over unless you tie your waistbelt together, which is a super comfortable solution.

OP
SilentPursuit
I would agree I like the bigger old style buckles. The ones I ordered don’t even have the fancy lock on them. I figured the mule would be a dedicated pack out bag if I need to help someone I need. Otherwise I just see myself using the Pintler and keeping my eye on eBay for cheap bag only deals for maybe a metcalf.