Pistol holster for MR pack?

hammerguy

FNG
Anyone really happy with their pistol holster solution on their Mystery Ranch Guide Light MT frame?
I'm leaning towards something from Fury Carry Solutions but am a little concerned the Molle system will cause a Glock to annoyingly bounce too much.

I used an Alien Gear Cloak Mod MOLLE holster for my Glock 20 on my Sawtooth 45 this past October and was pleased.

curt514

FNG
I am using a Blackhawk molle adapter with a Sherpa holster and the quick detach plate. I did use a could small zip ties to snug the adapter down to stop and movement. With the quick detach I can drop my pack and switch to a belt or paddle so I can still keep it on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

hammerguy

FNG
I am using a Blackhawk molle adapter with a Sherpa holster and the quick detach plate. I did use a could small zip ties to snug the adapter down to stop and movement. With the quick detach I can drop my pack and switch to a belt or paddle so I can still keep it on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I like the quick detach concept.
Have you read all the negativity towards the serpa holster and the proclivity towards accidental discharge?

Osubuck

FNG
Ivory Holsters are very nice! Made of Light weight kydex, gun snaps in and fits very snug but easy to quickly draw without the worry of a safety retention system at that oh shit moment. When you snug up your MR pack’s wait belt gun will not flop. Holster is easily removed and can be cliped on your pants belt as well.

OP
H

hammerguy

FNG
Ivory Holsters are very nice! Made of Light weight kydex, gun snaps in and fits very snug but easy to quickly draw without the worry of a safety retention system at that oh shit moment. When you snug up your MR pack’s wait belt gun will not flop. Holster is easily removed and can be cliped on your pants belt as well.

Might have to email them and ask why the Hooch Pouch comes in better colors than their holsters. :p

There are a couple of threads I have seen that go into pretty good detail on this topic that you may be able to find through the search option. I actually use the MR pistol holster which I have been pretty happy with. Its easy to attach and holds my .44 snug and the barrel protected/out of the dirt when I sit down. It attaches to the belt pretty darn snug/doesnt move around

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I like the quick detach concept.
Have you read all the negativity towards the serpa holster and the proclivity towards accidental discharge?

I’ve been using serpa holsters on and off duty for 16 years, and have never shot myself. Granted that’s a sample size of one, but I would imagine many more users don’t have issues than do. When I’m looking for an open carry option, it’ll be the serpa. It works well and is what I’m used to. Oh, and usually cheaper than a custom kydex option (what I use for concealed carry).

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the G-Code RTI system. This works great with my Metcalf and Pintler. Provides the use of carring any handgun for the needs of each mission or day. I also use a tether just in case. Just push the button and your holster is released. Move it to another set up or replace with a different holster and handgun.

The RTI system is great. I use this on my packs and also battle belts when teaching Handgun classes. You can also get adapters to use in your vehicle. Or, they have Molle, pant belt adaptors, paddle adaptors, and thigh rigs. This may not be for everyone, but it works for me.

Last edited:

Clixxer

FNG
I have been using the G-Code RTI system. This works great with my Metcalf and Pintler. Provides the use of carring any handgun for the needs of each mission or day. I also use a tether just in case. Just push the button and your holster is released. Move it to another set up or replace with a different holster and handgun.

The RTI system is great. I use this on my packs and also battle belts when teaching Handgun classes. You can also get adapters to use in your vehicle. Or, they have Molle, pant belt adaptors, paddle adaptors, and thigh rigs. This may not be for everyone, but it works for me.
Ive been looking for exactly this for a buddy. He has a pintler and was asking me the best way to fit a pistol.