Platypus Bladder

Dooger

FNG
Thinking I need a Platypus. Which should I be spending my money on?

Should I be looking at a different brand nowadays? I haven’t kept up with bladder systems for a while.

When I use a bladder, I alternate between an old Camelbak military version (Omega, maybe) or a 3L Platypus Hoser. I have no complaints with either, the Camelbak is heavier and seems more durable, but neither have leaked. I did have a bite valve freeze up on a Platypus a couple years ago, and it went completely to hell. Haven’t had that happen with the Camelbak.

Platypus are the way to go, I have a bunch of different sizes I use depending on what packs I'm using. I like the Big Zip to fill easily and clean and dry easily so tend to use those more, the Hoser I usually use the 2L when it's going in a Kuiu Stalker 500 because it fits better than the 3L plus I like a little extra space for misc trinkets. If you use them frequently I'd go with a Big Zip, use once a year for a hunting trip the Hosers are a little more durable in my observation. I do have a Camelback I use in my ski pack, it's been great too, little different material feels less durable but then I also barrel roll over it a bunch of times down the mountain and so far no problems. Lol

Back