Precious Time

Tonight I lost a huge part of my very soul, My very best friend, my buddy Dan died tonight. Best friends for 43 years. He fought a gallant fight against cancer (twice), and a triple bypass. Helped him through two marriages. My brother from another mother. My rock. My go to. My annoying almost every single night phone call. He had the biggest 24 carat gold heart in the world. Spent his days and nights helping everyone he met. 43 years sober. A traveling speaker in AA. Like an Uncle to my Kids. Worlds Greatest annoyance to my wife. Worlds best everything buddy. He was a bad ass. Drove himself to and from chemo, 52 miles one way. If you put a hat on a fence post at night, he would talk to until the sun came up. Born without a filter.

Easy to love, often hard to tolerate. His love & loyalty was like 316 Stainless Steel.

The shear emptiness is deafening. Precious time gentlemen.

Don't waste it.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
My heart goes out to you for the loss of what sounds like a rare friend. Hope time gives you some healing and ease from this pain.

HTNFSH

FNG
Sorry for your loss buddy. Irreplaceable for sure, but never too late to make new friends!

OP
Still Hunter

I sincerely appreciate the kind comments. Couldn't call anyone at 1:00 am in the morning last night and I had to release it somewhere. Overall this is a really great Forum with lots of really fine people in it.

Mend those fences that may be broke, call your buddies, call your parents, call your grand parents & call your children.

God Bless Toby Keith

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have always told those close to me, Never great me without a hug and I love you and never depart without doing the same. For you never know when the last hug will come. Again I'm sorry for your lose.

2muchhp

WKR
Damn hard to take onve you get up in the years of age its going to happen.
My dad told me a while back he only had one friend. I asked what do you mean? He said there all dead, really makes you think.

I told him he will always have me.
And you will your friend.
Of course that was after I told him dad'that's cause your such an !@#hole 😀. That was a good laugh.

We all know alot of people, it's precious to have a friend, some don't know the difference

I hate very little, I hate cancer.

So sorry