Primaloft Evolve

Benjblt

WKR
What other manufacturer's make jackets with Primaloft Evolve? I like the Ambient but would like to look at some of the other options out there.

I have a couple of these. They are great.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR

I have a couple of these. They are great.
Looks pretty sweet. They have one color at a pretty good discount. Is this more of an outer layer than a mid-layer? How's the fit?

It’s a base layer, mid layer and outer layer!
I can fit up to a couple layers underneath, but generally just wear a merino t shirt and then the Alpha Direct.

It works for me from 20f to 60f in that configuration. It breathes incredibly well and sheds wind. It really is a do it all piece of clothing.

IMG_0108.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
It’s a base layer, mid layer and outer layer!
I can fit up to a couple layers underneath, but generally just wear a merino t shirt and then the Alpha Direct.

It works for me from 20f to 60f in that configuration. It breathes incredibly well and sheds wind. It really is a do it all piece of clothing.

View attachment 679134
I'm 5' 8" 170lbs and not skinny but not fat, if that makes sense. So really slim fitting things don't fit me well. If I'm wanting exactly what you described, a mid-ish layer that I can fit 1 to 2 base layers under, would you suggest a Medium? I'm usually a Medium and sometimes a Large. I know there's no way for you to know so I'll take your suggestion with a grain of salt. . . For example I'll where a Kuiu Large Guide jacket but a Medium base layer and mid-layer. Sitka, I'll often need a Large in an outerlayer but mostly a medium in their base layers. . . First Lite, usually a Medium in their base layers and midlayers.

I'm 5'6 138 lbs with a 39" chest.
A XS fits great for 1 layer and a performance fit for Nordic Skiing/Mountain running. I also have a Small for wearing with multiple layers if needed and when wearing a bino harnes and pack. The length of body and sleeves are better suited for this, as both of those things shorten everything up.

I would suggest trying a Medium.

XS Below:
IMG_1681.jpg

Small Below:

IMG_1682.jpg

Last edited:
Arc’Teryx makes a Proton FL that is their version Evovle. Kuhl makes something similar- I believe they call it “The One”.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
A XS fits great for 1 layer and a performance fit for Nordic Skiing/Mountain running. I also have a Small for wearing with multiple layers if needed and when wearing a bino harnes and pack. The length of body and sleeves are better suited for this, as both of those things shorten everything up.

XS Below:
View attachment 679166

Small Below:

View attachment 679167
Great. Thanks for taking the time to include pictures!

Is the entire interior lined with alpha direct or are the side fleece panels just fleece?

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
It’s very thin I would say I prefer the kuiu peloton 97 similar wieght and warmth but much more durable

The eddie jacket is not good in the brush this like less durable than the lightest puffy you own. That said it’s a great price and as a lite mid layer is pretty great . The thickness is more like base layer than mid layer too me it’s almost see thru

P Carter

WKR
I have one also. It has its place as a lightweight midlayer that is really warm with a windshell but breathable without. Awesome niche piece for sleeping in, also... But yes, it will snag and pull like crazy so not a good outer layer in the hunting context.