Proof elevation and Leupold vx5hd reco

Buster1

FNG
Hi,

I just bought a proof elevation in 308 and a Leupold vx5hd 44mm scope. Can anyone recommend a mount for me? Leupold site doesn't have proof on their search tool. The rifle has a rail, so I suppose I'm mostly interested in height.

Thx

Wapiti151

WKR
American Rifle Co. 30mm low M-Brace. Xlow would even work with the 44mm, most likely. I know XLow works with that scope on a waypoint. Go to their site and use his “penny test” and you’ll know for sure. Pricey but the only rings I use anymore after having multiple issues with other companies. 2 screws, 55 in/lbs simple and very effective.

Nice rifle, btw…just got same one in 7PRC and using lows for a 50mm objective

Edit: customer service is also amazing. If you get the rings and they don’t fit as you’d like, you can swap them out for different heights without issue. I’ve had to do this when I didn’t have scope and had to take educated guess. But, the penny test is hard to beat if you have scope in hand.

OP
B

Buster1

FNG
Also, is there any reason these (from Leupold) wouldn't work? I'm guessing the one's you reference are just considered to be stronger?

CROSS-SLOT (WEAVER STYLE) , BACKCOUNTRY
BACKCOUNTRY CROSS-SLOT 30MM LOW RINGS MATTE

Wapiti151

WKR
Yeah would just need rings from ARC for your pic rail. A lot of rings will certainly work well. I just like the robust and simple rings from ARC. Less screws equals less potential for stuff to come loose…IMO

Also, is there any reason these (from Leupold) wouldn't work? I'm guessing the one's you reference are just considered to be stronger?

CROSS-SLOT (WEAVER STYLE) , BACKCOUNTRY
BACKCOUNTRY CROSS-SLOT 30MM LOW RINGS MATTE

Weaver rings typically do not fit on picatinny rails.