r

cnelk

WKR
Man there’s many times I feel under the weather and still go up hunting. It’s funny, once I get there, start hunting in the fresh air and get some exertion going, it seems to just go away.

MattB

WKR
Rephrasing the original poster's question: does anyone let a cold interefere with their hunt?

For me? **** no.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like the way you guys think! I'm goin!

Of course you're going, it's a COLD.

One morning during archery season I got out of the truck and put my pack on and then suddenly started launching and heaving hard. Did that for about 3 minutes, stood back up straight, looked over at my buddy, and said "Ok, let's go". He had no doubts that we were still going out.

Sorry bro. Best advice: You should cancel your reservation, transfer your tags/gear/spot to me, and lay on the couch to get better. Let me know if you need more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoElk

WKR
Whenever I feel a sickness coming on I take 3 shots of tequila. Nothing can survive that shit. Half the time it works.

Rich M

WKR
If it was a local hunt and long season, no biggee. A limited entry permit and short season, break out the iv and do an antibod drip on the drive over.

I Had a fever sun-tuesday night and ear/sinus issues but still putting in an 80 hr or so work week cause I'm at T- 6 days to hunt time. Got vacation it's almost time... Going sick or not.

This is yknow anything shy of life threatening. A real issue and I'll hint the local whitetail rut and see a Dr.

As others have suggested, start slamming Vitamin C. Emergen C is good, or just get some 1000 mg of chewable Vit C at the Health Food Store, and take 1000 mg every three hours. Your body does not store Vit C, so it flushes what isn't absorbed, so take it every three hours. Stay hydrated.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Whiskey and honey in some hot tea. You will fell better tomorrow and the only way I’m missing hunting is if I’m in the hospital

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This right here.

Don’t forget the lemon juice. Just adds some flavor. Seriously though, I use to have a regular source for good grain alcohol. Never got sick even once until I ran out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviator04

FNG
Like people have said above, I usually load up on vitamin c and take DayQuil severe.

Newtopen

FNG
Vitamin c and some nasty ass Old Crow whiskey seems to work for my family. I remember being fed that by my great grandma using a table spoon when I was a kid. Old wives' tale but still seems to work... lol