Rangefinder Mode for Archery Hunting

Recently upgraded from a ~15 year old base model Leupold rangefinder with no angle compensation to a Sig Canyon. The Sig has three ranging functions - first target, last target or best target. What are your thoughts/experiences with these settings and what do you recommend for archery hunting? My initial thoughts are that it would be best to leave it in "last target" when hunting short range (sub 60 yards) thick cover or a tree stand, and potentially using "best target" if hunting more open ground (example pronghorn or mule deer in sage country).

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
As I understand,

Last is for woods and first is for open country. The first mode just picks up the closest reading so if there are no obstructions it's the one to use. The last gives you the furthest reading so if there are obstructions it is the one to use. However in open country it just probably doesn't really matter too much what your setting is. I would take your range finder to a 3D range and mess around with it. Just remember last give you the furthest and first gives you the closest.