Rattling late/post rut. Fake? Stowing while stillhunting/tracking?

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
I used to rattle with good success while bowhunting the rut in farmland in S. WI and woodlots, etc., out by the Mississippi in NW Illinois but that was decades ago. Haven't picked up a pair since turning to rifle hunting, but thinking of bringing a pair along for our season, Nov. 18-26, and possibly MZ season for the week or so after. So late rut into post rut.

I never used real antlers, have never hunted for sheds. Don't have any sheds now, so looking for a good fake pair - recommendations? I don't think I'm looking for dowels in a sack, forgot what they're called - probably looking for sound that really carries.

The other issue is stowing while tracking or stillhunting. I carry only a small butt wool buttpack, pretty stripped down for miles wood walking. Suggestions for stowing these quietly and conveniently?

mi650

WKR
I think it's called a rattlin' bag, and that's all the help I can offer. I've never had any success rattling at any time of the season. I have a set still hanging from the same tree branch they've been on forever. Don't think I've picked them up in 5-6 years.

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
I think it's called a rattlin' bag, and that's all the help I can offer. I've never had any success rattling at any time of the season. I have a set still hanging from the same tree branch they've been on forever. Don't think I've picked them up in 5-6 years.
Rattlin' bag, right. Thanks.