Recommend a smith to retool my nipple threads

So I bungled my CVA 6mm threads a few years back. Local smith rethreaded to 1/4 T/C threads. I’ve fired 40+ rounds since with no problem using 100 grains of pyro with 430 grain .54 maxiballs. Shoots great.

But now I’m starting to second guess the strength of that rethread and want it either redrilled to an oversized thread or completely welded up and redrilled to original specs.

I figure now is the time to get it done since we have 11 months till next season.

Probably get the barrel tapped to add a peep sight too.

Can you please recommend anybody who can fix it?

Can't you just buy a new breach plug?

No recommendations for taping for a peep, sorry.
Is it not already taped for scope bases?

OP
Conrad101st
No you can’t buy a new bolster for a CVA. Way complicated b/c the way they were machined from what I have read.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Yes you can install a new DRUM. Or just retap it to 7-1mm www.trackofthewolf.com has the parts and costs around $30 total or...

You can buy the replacement drum. And yes, it looks different from factory, but is in fact a direct replacement.

I do recommend that you install the nipple, plug it with some modeling clay and then spray a ton of JB Blaster penetrating oil down the bore and allow it to soak for a couple days. Drain it, heat the barrel all the way around the drum, let it cool to a handling temp, then spray some more oil down the bore and allow it to soak for a couple more days. When thats done, heat up around the barrel again, grip the drum tightly with vice grips and turn it outward. If all the rust and crud has worked its way loose by now, it should come out with very little effort. DO NOT ATTEMPT to remove breech plug.

Here I used an easy out after cutting the drum off. That was more work I made for myself.