Recommendations for low elevation bow hunts in WY or AZ.

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
I just posted a summary of why I am looking for a low elevation hunt in the general forum. You should read it.

In the meantime, I have max points in WY and at least 17 in Arizona. I would like to apply for tags in a unit where I could hunt lower elevation. 5,500 feet is probably my self imposed limit.

I am able to pay for a private land guided hunt. Money is not really an issue. If you know of any possible hunts to consider, I would appreciate the tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kurts86

WKR
In AZ most of the elk are up on the Mogollon rim which sits around 5,800’ elevation at the lowest points. Lots of the elk hunting in Az takes place between 6k-8k’ elevation. You maybe able to find them on the December rifle hunts in the canyons down to 5,500’ in some cases but it’s going to be after you glassed them up from the canyon rim above them. Arizona is physically a quite easy hunt and you can sleep down at 3,500’ every night if you drive an hour or so.

208Logan

FNG
I would contact A3 outfitters in Arizona. I don’t think you have enough for the strip mule deer but could get a killer Coues tag if you want.
I second this. I used these guys to shoot the bull in my Avatar. Most of the unit is in your desired elevation.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Saw your other thread, crazy! I know this is elk thread, but if you wanted to try your luck at coues deer in Arizona with a bow, message me.