Sold Remington 700 7mmSTW Custom Shop Conversion, AWR Coating, As-New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I traded for this recently, getting it from the nephew of the original owner. His uncle purchased the rifle new in 1990. This is a Remington 700 ADL that started life in March 1990 as a 7mm Rem Mag. His uncle sent the rifle to the Remington Custom Shop in 2004 and had them perform a correct conversion to 7mm STW. This included milling the bottom of the receiver to accept a correct 3.700" mag box, chambering the barrel in 7STW, tuning the trigger to a very nice 2 lb 12 oz. pull with zero creep, installing a nice radial muzzle brake, and then coating the "C" series barreled action in the same coating used on the Alaskan Wilderness Rifle. They even did a nice job of milling out the "Rem" of the caliber designation and engraving "STW" in its place. Another feature provided by the Rem CS was grinding the grooves flat on the trigger shoe. See in the pics. The trigger feels very nice in hand.

The rifle sits in a period-correct Rem synthetic ADL stock that's been expertly painted by John Blake in dark olive base with gold and black webbing. It looks amazing! This is one of the early stocks that is very stiff, and doesn't have that Tupperware feel to it. The action is not bedded to the stock. The stock zero blemishes. The butt pad looks like it's never seen a floor. The barrel is free-floated up to about 2" from the recoil lug (see pics).

Some specs:
LOP: 13-3/8"
Barrel length before brake: 23-1/2"
Barrel length with brake: 25-1/4"
Twist rate: Factory standard twist for 7mm Ren Mag
Weight: 7 lbs 7 oz.
Overall length: 45-1/4"

Condition: The only blemishes anywhere on this rifle are faint scope mount tracks on top of the receiver. Otherwise, it is as-new from end to end. The bolt jeweling is very nice indicating a round count that is lower rather than higher. There are no marks of any kind on the feed ramp (see photos). I don't know the round count or how it shoots. It's a 1990 Rem 700 with a proper Custom Shop conversion, so it should be a strong performer. I just traded for it, and the only reason I'm moving it along is I just lucked up and found an Apex Rifles 7mmSTW Ultralight.

$1,050 shipped from an individual to your FFL. I can arrange for shipment from my FFL to yours if your dealer absolutely demands it. Payment accepted via most all methods. This is a very nice, unique rifle with no disappointments. Drop me a PM if you have questions or need more photos. Thanks for looking!

Is someone will reply to this thread or bump it to the top, I'll add more photos in another post.

Keith

IMG_7330.jpgIMG_7338.jpgIMG_7350.jpgIMG_7352.jpgIMG_7351.jpgIMG_7342.jpgIMG_7343.jpgIMG_7335.jpgIMG_7337.jpgIMG_7349.jpg

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes it is, Shad71. And it needs a new owner! More pics below. Trades considered for alpha scopes with cash +/-.

IMG_7331.jpgIMG_7332.jpgIMG_7333.jpgIMG_7334.jpgIMG_7344.jpgIMG_7355.jpgIMG_7347.jpgIMG_7354.jpgIMG_7345.jpgIMG_7353.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.