WTS Rhino Take Down Frame

snakelk

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocky Mountain Pack Systems Rhino Take Down Frame. Made in USA (Idaho). Used once, excellent condition, complete.

Pack frame breaks down to fit into it's own storage bag, total weight of 3.83 lbs (including storage/carry bag and 4x lashing straps).

Frame has been stored indoors (climate controlled basement) and not used for 19 years. I was cleaning my gear closet and thought maybe someone could put this to use. I put it together and while tightening a strap for the webbing I broke a ladder lock buckle (likely pulled too hard). I've since replaced this with a Sea to Summit ladder lock buckle (purchased at REI for $4.50) and it works like new. All other buckles and ladder locks are functional.

No blood stains or dirt that I can see (I did pack an elk out with it, but cleaned it afterwards). I used this in combination with a mid-torso pack,, before I moved to carrying a full pack 100% of the time.

The frame was rated at a load capacity of 100+ pounds. It held up to my 85 lb load and performed as advertised. It won't give you all the features of a non-take down frame, but if you're looking for a pack frame to carry that won't get in your way while hunting timber or possibly for a frame to store in your truck, this would work.

$75 to your door (USA only)

Rhino4.jpgRhino6.jpg
Rhino2.jpg
Rhino1.jpg
Rhino7.jpg
Rhino8.jpg
Rhino9.jpg
Rhino3.jpg
Rhino10.jpg
Rhino5.jpg

Last edited: