Rifle Covers?

spdrman

WKR
I've used the solo hunter one the last 2 years and love it, I just spent the last 12 days muzzleloader hunting and it rained and snowed everyday, kept the gun nice and dry, if you want more protection I'll sometimes mount an eberlestock scabbard to my pack, its not as quick to access though

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an old one from Kifaru that works great. Its pretty darn light and simple. I tried to find it on their webpage. Maybe its not made anymore? ?? To bad if so, its a great cover. Maybe we can get them to do another run if there is enough interest. Its a great light weight option.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
OK I must be an idiot....why do you need these things?? If you are hunting with a blued rifle with pretty walnut perhaps, but guns are tools. So long as your riflescope is waterproof and you got a stainless rifle with synthetic stock who cares if the rifle is dry or not? What am I missing? Seems like it would make it so your rifle takes longer when needed too. Just one more thing to do before you take a shot. Again I'm sure I'm missing the concept, but have never been wanting for one.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, for a backpack hunt the one from solohunters is to heavy for me. However the old one from Kifaru is literally really just ounces. Its a light weight piece of kit. Perhaps I am a bit anal but I like to keep my rifle dry and covered. Its only a few ounces.. : ) I also use a neoprene scope cover and always cover the tip of my barrel with black electrical tape. I've never had it affect my ability to get a shot off when needed. Its certainly not a must have, but its sure nice to have.

OP
Vitals

Vitals

WKR
Completely see your point Luke. But in my case, I AM using it for a blued rifle that was my grandfathers. So while the stock isn't the highest quality of woods, it has a lot of value to me. I can't wait until I have a stainless barrel/synthetic stock rifle! I treat this ole thing like a baby. Silly I know...

OK I must be an idiot....why do you need these things?? If you are hunting with a blued rifle with pretty walnut perhaps, but guns are tools. So long as your riflescope is waterproof and you got a stainless rifle with synthetic stock who cares if the rifle is dry or not? What am I missing? Seems like it would make it so your rifle takes longer when needed too. Just one more thing to do before you take a shot. Again I'm sure I'm missing the concept, but have never been wanting for one.