Rino issues

Bighorn1

FNG
We have a 650 and a new 755 that we are trying to set up radio and written communication. We do not need help with the GPS portion but we can't seem to get the two to respond together on radio and written messaging. Feeling pretty foolish right
now. In Canada so limited to 1/2 w trans. Any advise? what are we missing? any help appreciated
Thx

Likely an issue with privacy codes on the channels you have chosen to use. Not familiar with the Rhinos themselves, but check the documentation and make sure the frequency listed per channel and the privacy code (CTSS) is consistent between models.

For example: on one unit Channel 1 might be 462.575 and on the other Channel 1 might be 462.625/ The channel identifier is for simplicity - you must check the documentation to insure the frequencies match, not the channel knob. Also, depending where you bought them, USA versions might have different channels than Canadian - go back to the documentation and check the details per channel and code.

PM me copies of the documentation if you need more help - do this for a day job in the commercial/LE/EMS/Fire radio world.

Blessings - Chas.

OP
B

Bighorn1

FNG
Chas - will look into this as soon as I am able. Thank you for your insight. I will let you know how I make out

OP
B

Bighorn1

FNG
CHAS - THE 755T HAS AN EXTENSIVE LIST OF CHANELS AND FRQUENCIES YET THE 650 HAS NOTHING IN THE INSTRUCIONS TO COMPARE SETTINGS TO. I HAVE TRIED SWITCHING TO DCS FROM CTCSS BUT THE 650 WILL NOT ALLOW THAT CHANGE. DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS AN ISSUE OR NOT

Attachments

• Rino 650+.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
OP
B

Bighorn1

FNG
Chas - things have worked out. Had to upload software updates on the 650. Got them both matched and working together. Thank you for your offer