Sanding a Stockys Barrel Channel

I've just purchased a Stockys CF Hunter for a Howa 1500 SA here in Australia. I have an IBI Med Hunter barrel fitted to the rifle which is slightly larger in diameter than a factory sporter profile. It looks like I'll need to remove about 3mm from the barrel channel to make it fit. Looking for input from people who have sanded back this stock. Is the forend solid? Did you break through the CF skin/wall?

ElPollo

WKR
So the action area is solid, the barrel channel is softer material that sands easily. I took a long socket and extension and stuck some sandpaper to the socket with double stick tape. I hand sanded it out using that in just a few minutes. It’s super easy, and you aren’t going to damage it or somehow weaken it.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So the action area is solid, the barrel channel is softer material that sands easily. I took a long socket and extension and stuck some sandpaper to the socket with double stick tape. I hand sanded it out using that in just a few minutes. It’s super easy, and you aren’t going to damage it or somehow weaken it.
I have also sanded them out. One, I took from a sporter profile to a Sendero by using a dremel to rough it out then sandpaper on a dowel.

They make the same stock for all the barrel channels, so you won’t weaken it.

Just go slow and mark how much you want to take off and go to the line.

OP
J
Thanks very much @ElPollo and @hereinaz . I have it a go and it worked very well!