Schnee Granite Pro

ozyclint

WKR
Are these still available? I can't find them on their website but if I do a search for them they come up. Just weird that I can't see them via their website.

Was looking at getting a pair

Deadfall

WKR
yeah. Break in time is longer than expected. Closer to 100 miles then 50! as stiff as they are I expected it to be awhile. boots are hot in warm weather and cold in cold weather. Kinda thought being a mountaineer boot they would be little better in cold weather. There are still spots that rub against ankle bone when side hill.
With that said. they are tough. This is just first year, so far, the soles have not rolled out from under my foot yet. They do pretty well on logs and wet ground.
I do wish they were a touch shorter on the calf though.
cold weather is really attracted to these boots.

Anyway, I love Schnees but would have a hard time suggesting anyone buy these boots at this time. Will definitely chime back in come march. see how winter goes with them.
Really want these to turn out.

Deadfall

WKR
Update: These are good boot once broke in. As far as stiff boots go, they are surprisingly sticky in slick conditions, ie. over rocks, logs and such. Do just fine in snow. Seem like they want to durable, zero complaints in that department. This upcoming season will be the real test, since our winter was very open and warm this year. Be curious to see how long it is before they turn under my feet.

Blandry

WKR
I have a pair and they are tough as nails. I keep them well-treated. I'd guess I'll be able to resole them a dozen times :). They are super stiff, like a real mountain boot, but I prefer a stiff boot. The first pair I had leaked, so Schnee's, of course, replaced them. Maybe it was the new waterproof liner they started using. The replacements have been watertight and breathe very well. Great customer service! They are pretty serious footwear and anything you need for the lower 48. I also use mountain socks, and my feet run hot, so they've been good to me.

1711555775025.png

Last edited: