Seek Outside Pack on Stone Glacier Frame?

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried putting a Seek Outside pack on a Stone Glacier frame? Are the attachment systems similar enough to allow this?

The context: I've got a couple SG packs. Love them and love the X-Curve. I've tried a few different companies' frames, and the SG just works for me. However, I've been intrigued by the design of the Peregrine pack from Seek Outside. But don't want to mess with a different frame, when I've already got the X-Curve that's the bees knees and just plain works for me. Thoughts?

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
You can do a lot with gate keepers. This is the so talon on the sg frame,it works better upside down because of the web loops spacing.
41883B77-D50F-45D4-A44D-8C9FE18284CC.jpeg

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks a ton for that. Do you know if the attachment points on the Peregrine are similar to the Talon?
I think it is plus there are extra loops. You could eyeball it. Measure the distance of the webbing compression straps coming from the frame on the SG. The frame sleeve atthe top of the SO’s are probably too narrow for on the SG frame. You can order a peregrine that is made for the break away from the bag only section. What you’ll want mostly is about 10 1 inch gatekeepers. A little but of sewing on the webbing of the sg to make a loop on itself to attach a gatekeeper would open a lot of possibilities. If you just got a talon and the gatekeepers you could use any drysack or pack bag.
I like SGs bags and only plan to use the talon for moose packing. I’m going to sew 1 inch loops spaced to match the sg frame. Everything seek uses is 3/4 inch

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
With buying the right hardware you should be able to make it work. The one part that likely won’t is getting the bag to slide over the top of the frame. You can still snug it up tight but it will be a little sloppy at the top. That’s what I ran into putting a Kuiu bag on my sg frame. Like Seek they use 3/4 webbing/ buckles and SG uses 1 inch. I bought a bunch of 1 inch buckles from kifaru (best price with shipping at the time). Going with gatekeepers will eliminate having to notch buckles to slide onto loops (don’t buy the pre notched).