Seek Outside Shelter for 3 people

I am looking at a few different shelters from Seek outside. Currently eyeing up the redcliff, 6 person tipi, and the 8 person tipi. Any thoughts on how big to go for 3 people and gear for a Colorado elk hunt? We have not currently decided if we will be truck camping or hiking in 1-3 miles to get a little deeper/head start on the morning hike each day. If we truck camp we will just use shelters we already have or borrow a wall tent from a relative. All options look manageable to pack in if you split the weight between 3 people. Any thoughts? Other options? We would get a stove to go with so we have some heat.
Thanks!

I had a redcliff and now have the 8 man tipi. The 8 man is perfect for what you want for 3 and gear plus room for stove. Splitting it up between the 3 is no big deal. Only con with the larger tipi is the larger footprint to set it up. Nice to have more room in the 8 man to stand and move around. But give seek a call and they will answer all your questions.

Last edited:

archp625

WKR
Listen to teamkabob, I have a Cimmaron and its good for two people and a stove max. Another suggestion is everyone get there own set up. Its hard to sleep next to a guy that snores all night long.

with three guys and a stove....I would go 8 man as the minimum. 3 guys and no stove...it'll be about perfect. We run a 4dog model stove (i believe it's the 3 dog version he no longer makes), and admittingly it's a bigger stove. It's pretty tight with 3 guys and that thing in there, but it's doable.

I vote for the 8 man as well. I have a redcliff and it is very comfortable with 2 people, cots, and stove. 3 people is comfortable with no cots, starting to get crowded though with gear and stove. 8 man would be the ticket and is only 2lbs more. Split between 3 guys, not bad at all.

Clarence

WKR
I have the 8 man, and use it for spike camp about 3 miles from the truck. Usually have 3 guys in it, with a stove, and a pretty good woodpile. Had 2 guys last year, and it was awesome in there. I have no desire to do 4 in it, but if I did we would take a tarp to put packs under. It can be pitched as a 6 man if space is limited as well, but I have always been able to find a spot.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk