Sewing Cordura

snowplow

WKR
Does anybody know if you can get away with sewing 500d Cordura to itself with the regular non Heavy Duty style sewing machine? Also how about the Cordura webbing to the regular 500d fabric? I want to try it but I don't want my wife to kill me if I break her machine.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
Yes you will have no issue sewing 500d to 500d. I am not certain what you mean my cordura webbing. If you are referring to nylon webbing like is used on standard packs, I do not recommend it. I have ruined two home level machines by doing builds with a lot of webbing. One small project or repair would probably be ok.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Thanks guys. Yep l meant nylon. Any recommendations for that? Ive used a speedy stitcher a bunch with leather but with the compression of wet leather the stitch looks super tight. How do you keep the stitch tight when hand sewing something like cordura and nylon?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
I have used two home sewing machines without issues. Sewing cordura is not a problem at all. Sewing webbing gets a little more dicey. Yesterday on my wife's machine I bar tacked through three layers of nylon webbing, worked great.