Sig BDX rangefinder vs. Strelok pro

Gila

WKR
I load my rifle profile via Bluetooth over to the SIG BDX rangefinder 1800. I use Strelok Pro with a Weather Flow for the ballistics program. The rifle is a 300 win mag with a 24 inch barrel and 10” twist. Using Nosler accubond 180gr with muzzle velocity of 2950. At 618 yds the range finder shows U2.73 mils while strelok pro shows U2.9 mils. I am inclined to believe Strelok Pro over the range finder since the app calculates more data points than the range finder.

I am getting ready to sight in the scope and would like to have both in sync if possible. With the other rifles I have been using the reticle for holdover in hurry up shots, so I just use the yardage. When I shoot some groups at longer ranges it will show what is going on, but I will need to shoot more rounds to prove. Also, I had to update the firmware in the range finder to load the ballistic profile. I greatly appreciate any tips or info...thanks.

OP
Gila

Gila

WKR
Interesting, thank you for the info! I pulled in the Nosler data library for both apps and the BC was different. Nosler shows .307 but the BDX app pulled in .296 for some reason. I changed the BDX app to a BC of 307 like Strelok pro. I get the muzzle velocity and the BC change...thanks! I will go to the range and give it a go.

Shouldn’t these two engines be closer to each other? I have 3 rifles programmed in both and only one shows identical adjustment. BC, scope height, velocity, weather(?), zero, offset are all the same. It will be 7.2 moa on StrelokPro and 6.5 on BDX. It’s weird. I’ve done little truing but the BDX matches at 100 and 600,800. I wish the BDX app showed tables so I could make adjustments without the range finder present

OP
Gila

Gila

WKR
The apps shouldn’t be that far apart. I want to be able to range then dial for elevation when I am hunting. Years ago the 2400BDX was the only Sig RF model that had atmospherics. The unit came with a weatherflow weathermeter for wind and weather data. The 1800BDX that I have has no atmospherics and no way to Bluetooth in wind, weather from an external meter. AB designed the BDX app for the phones but i don’t know how accurate the solver engine is in the RF. Strelok pro is accurate if the correct BC and velocity is used. Use G1 format for the BC for flat-based bullets that are typical hunting bullets. For the long sleek, boat-tailed heavies with low drag, use the G7 format for BC.

Velocity is another major factor. My next trip to the range I plan on playing around with the BC and Velocity until i get the solvers to match at 500 yards which is the max range I will hunt with for now. First I want my dope to match Strelok Pro, then I will try to match up the 1800BDX with Strelok. I trust Strelok Pro more than I do the AB engine in the BDX, but a consistent match is definitely preferable.