Sig Kilo 2400 ABS: Accounting for Temp/Pressure in your profiles?

ChrisAU

WKR
Awesome thanks for the info! From your research was the 2400 similar besides readout and the ranging distance? That 8K looks pretty incredible. I prefer binos and rangefinder separate still.

From what I read yes. It’s nice to know it shouldn’t ever have trouble with intermediate distances. Won’t shoot animals that far but I won’t outgrow it on the range, and it could be useful to see how far a ridge is or other terrain feature when hunting.

buzzy

WKR
I have had both The 2400abs and now have the 8k. There are several videos out there on how to use the program to correct velocity.

With both units there is no need to input environmental data as the unit does that for you and applies it to the ballistic calculator. The 8k you can input temp in case you are hunting inside a blind during the winter and there is a big temperature difference.

0 at 100 and then verify the drop at longer distances. This is where the program will calculate the correct velocity so you get the correct MOA for all of your distances.

Hope this makes sense.

From what I read yes. It’s nice to know it shouldn’t ever have trouble with intermediate distances. Won’t shoot animals that far but I won’t outgrow it on the range, and it could be useful to see how far a ridge is or other terrain feature when hunting.
For sure it seems very comprehensive.

Len901

FNG
Quick question about truing MV in the sig kilo. My screen is pictured, does this mean I need to verify drop at a range of 1043-1163 and/or 1693 or can it be below that and still provide accurate data?
e72c542d8e148f496a65c290dbc8153e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Talked to sig today it does half to be in between those ranges or it won’t give you correct info back I like the 2400 it’s awesome but thinking of selling it for the 8k