Silent September

Gerbdog

WKR
Well not something I'm proud of. But it happens. we played catch and release with all 4. We are all experienced archers, with several archery bulls kills each. we shoot all year and keep our equipment in like new shape. All 4 bulls were shot less then 30 yds. Video on two bulls revealed a limb or brush was clipped after the arrow was released. Being a disabled archer, I can only shoot a cross bow. Shot a bull at 28 yds, 1/4 to me. 450 gn arrow traveling 430 fps from a raven 29x. Sevr 2.0 head was used. Shot was in the pocket behind the left shoulder. He ran about 40 yds and stopped; right side revealed no blood. When he trotted off his left side had a steering wheel side blood spot. Gave him 2 hours, then took up the track. Not a drop of blood. Followeed his tracks for 400 yds, then lost him. Looked for 2 days and nothing. No ravens, nothing.
Shit happens when you fling arrows in the woods, been there, bad feelings for days, sucks it played out like that.

Appreciate you sharing! Brings clarity to tell these stories and show that it happens and keep looking. Sucks the ravens hadnt even shown up yet.