Sitka timberline fit

TheCougar

WKR
I’m 6’0”, 31-32” waist, 190 lbs. I have beefy thighs. Looking for input on the Timberline fit. I’m thinking about 32R, but not sure if there’s room for a base layer.

I’m 6’0”, 31-32” waist, 190 lbs. I have beefy thighs. Looking for input on the Timberline fit. I’m thinking about 32R, but not sure if there’s room for a base layer.
I too have beefy thighs. Beefier than anyone else I've ever met, as a matter of fact. I’m 6’1 and at that weight the timberlines worked great, though I don’t think you’ll squeeze a base layer underneath - not comfortably anyways. It would have to be really damn cold for that anyways. My walking around weight is 210-220 and the TLs were a touch too tight in the thighs and seat for me and I sold them off.

The sitka mountain pant is a much roomier pant, but they don’t have hip zips.

The pant I’ve settled on with the most features and best fit are the Stone Glaciers. Fit wise, I’d say they’re dead in the middle between the timberlines on the tighter end of the spectrum, and the mountain pant on the looser end of the spectrum. Pick your poison weight wise.

Either way you go, you’ll probably prefer the talls. If you prefer your pants to ride closer to your waist, that is.

Good luck!

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
I too am thicker in the thighs but love my timberlines. They do fit like skinny jeans but because of the stretch I can still wear them comfortably over medium thick base layer. They have become my favorite late season hunting and snow ski pants.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Im normally a size 34 in sitka pants but sent my 34 timberlines back trading up to 36. I liked the fit a bit better wanting a bit more room for base layers. The 34 pants felt a bit snug in the waist for my liking

t_carlson

WKR
I'm a 32 waist. I'd go 33's.

The thighs are not the problem. The knee pads are. If you get your actual waist size, there is not enough room with the foam knee pads in. You'll end up with a very annoying tightness in your knees as you near the top of each step.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I noted in another post, I'm a L or 34 in all Sitka pants but with the Timberlines, I went 35 to add a heavy base layer, just way more comfortable up-sizing. I say go up one size if you can get them. I'm 6'2 190.

jmez

WKR
You want them to fit like skinny jeans? If not get a 36.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I ordered the 32s off Amazon. If they don’t fit, I’ll try the 33s or 34s. I couldn’t get the 33s on Amazon, so I’ll have to find somewhere else that has free returns.

jwags551

FNG
Does anyone else think the bottoms of the timberline pants are too wide? I wish they were a little more athletic cut below the knee