Small Brass Primer Holders for MK 85

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
My first Muzel loader was a MK 85. Killed a lot of deer with it using Small Brass primer holders using small rifle primer. Would like to wipe off the dust and start using it again. Does anyone know where I might find these small inserts? I still have a few but could use more. Appreciate any assistance.

Picture posted at bottom!

Last edited:
OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
No, not really. You press a small rifle primers into the brass holder then place the holder over a nipple.

I will try to get a pic posted.

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
85g.jpg
These are the primer holders I am looking for: any assistance will be appreciated. The small white particles are cleaning media.

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Udate: bought two packets of the small primer adapters which gives me about 30 adapters total. Since they are good for at least 20 loads apiece (frequently more) I should be set. There are 4 packets left. Anyone interested in these adapters should buy soon as they are extremely rare.

Glad you got some. I actually see these on E bay once in a while. I don't think that there are many people using them anymore.

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I would agree that few people use them these days. In fact few even know what they are. I beleive they are the first conversion kit made by knight.

The MK 85 always felt good in my hands and was very effective. I made some great shots with it and killed some nice bucks. Nostalgia is the main reason I decided to use it agian.

My main rifle is a Thompson Center Encore which has gotten a lot of use.