Solar panel cellular trail camera

Looking into buying a few of these for some backcountry deer spots. I am wondering if set up in a good spot if the solar panel will keep it going for months on end? I have had bad experience where just straight battery cellular cameras died in just a few weeks.

The newer cell cams like Spartan, Ridgetec and Tactacam all will last 3-4 months (or longer) without the use of a solar system.

The tactacam reveal SK has a built in solar system.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a SpyPoint with a solar panel and 12v battery that doesn't seen to do diddley.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
I had a cuddiback panel on a cuddelink home camera that has not been touched in a year and a half. There are 6 other remote cameras that connect to it that are also on panels, they have been out various tone frames, minimum 8 months. I have not had any issues with any of them

I have spy points that are terrible.
I have a 3 taticam reveals. They don’t take batteries. They have recharge lithium packs that you charge with a usb then plug the solar and go.
I have one in the woods that does great unless on video.
I have one in a opening that did 10,300 pics this past month
I have one on the gates at my driveway.
im super impressed.
My brother uses them on his lease in Texas. He was telling me last week his have been out since October with zero issues. Its 12 hrs away. He was running spy point. I think one lasted 5 weeks. The rest died in a few weeks.
he gets a ungodly amount of pictures

brunobear

FNG
Suggest would be to make sure the solar panel is not on the camera itself like Spypoint. If the sun is right on the camera, it will trigger it. We have a few remote areas and use either a solar battery pack with the power cable routed up to the best solar position. The camera is mounted in an area that will get the best pics and the solar panel is routed for the best sun. Just my experience

tactacam with a solar panel in Northern WI. still out -20* winter nights, has been out since June on the original set of batteries, at the end of Dec batteries were still at 100%

and you can check the batts with the app.

MKern85

Lil-Rokslider
I second the tacta cams with the solar panels. Great pics and long battery life