Sore Joints

Wojo14

WKR
Ok, I decided to get pretty serious about working out for hunting.
Hiking with packs, body weight strength training and yoga.
I am pretty fit now and in my late 30's, but my knees, elbows and lower back have been getting sore.
I have not taken fish oil or joint stuff yet.
My family and I are very "Clean" eaters. Organic and I follow a Paleo diet pretty close, so a more natural supplement would be great...any thoughts?

~Wojo

RyanC

WKR
Sounds like you pay attention to your diet so that is great!!

Have you heard of Turmeric? I know arthritis patients that use it with very good success. You can find it in pill form just about anywhere. The other more known options are Glucosamine and a good Fish Oil. Both have anti-inflammatory properties. I personally take a daily dose of fish oil and Joint Advantage from Wilderness Athlete. Their Joint Advantage has Glucosamine, Turmeric, MSM, along with other known anti-inflammatory ingredients. I have had good results with these two daily.

RC

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Good info from ryan, I've been useing a meriva Curcumin which is derived from turmeric. Along with boswellia. They are both natural and there have been studies that show them to be more anti-inflammatory than ibuprofen or the like. Glucosamine and fish oil high in epa and dha will work wonder on the joints and other pain. I use these 4 everyday and noticed a huge difference. Once it came out that nsaid (Tylenol,advil,ib) were bad for the heath, I immediately searched for natural herbs and such that would work. Haven't looked back.

RyanC

WKR
The formulators for Wilderness Athlete are as good as they come in the Supplement Business. I have come to know Mark Paulsen, founder of Wilderness Athlete, over the last few years and he is a stand up guy. I trust in their products and that goes a long ways with supplements in my opinion. Check out this video of Mark at a Kuiu seminar talking about WA products.

KUIU Garage Sale Seminars: Mark Paulsen - Wilderness Athlete - YouTube

Ryan

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been taking Turmeric for about two month, I tried the pills and it did not work as well as the eating the actual root. I take a small bite off the Turmeric root three times a day. (it does not taste very good) I am not sure if the root is working or if its just in my head but the joint pain seems to be diminished greatly since I started taking the Turmeric Root

I have had both my shoulders operated on Rotator Cuff on the right shoulder, Labrum tear on the left shoulder, Left knee ACL and MCL repair, Right knee ACL and PCL repair along with multiple scopes to clean up Meniscus

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
I have been taking Turmeric for about two month, I tried the pills and it did not work as well as the eating the actual root. I take a small bite off the Turmeric root three times a day. (it does not taste very good) I am not sure if the root is working or if its just in my head but the joint pain seems to be diminished greatly since I started taking the Turmeric Root

I have had both my shoulders operated on Rotator Cuff on the right shoulder, Labrum tear on the left shoulder, Left knee ACL and MCL repair, Right knee ACL and PCL repair along with multiple scopes to clean up Meniscus

Where do you find the root?