SOS?

bdg848

WKR
Im going on my first western hunt but am not new to living in the woods for a while (military). I will also have a partner with me(my wife who is a newbie). We are not going to be particularly far from our car. Our camp would be about 4 miles in with a days hunt going a little further from there possibly. Should I buy some sort of unit with an SOS feature? If I was alone, I think I would definitely buy one but seems like with a partner, he/she could hike to the car and contact help quickly enough. I know it better safe than sorry but what do you think? $400 is a lot of money. How many of you guys use one if you have a partner?

muddydogs

WKR
Bleeding out, heart attach or stroke and your partner isn't going to get you help fast enough. Yes an Inreach is a lot of cash and we lived for years without them but what you have to ask yourself if something happens especially to your wife can you live with yourself for not deign prepared as you could have been. Its up to you and only your decision. Just got back from a hunt with 3 of my buddy's, every time we headed out whether alone or in our group all 3 of us had our Inreaches with us. It might not be as serious as a life or death situation but you could need help with a vehicle problem or other simple issue that turns into a big pain when you have no communications.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Cant put a price on certain things. God forbid an emergency situation presented itself, especially with your wife along, you "saving" $400 bucks would haunt you for some time.

OP
B

bdg848

WKR
You are probably right but I found a website where you can rent them by the week so I think I will do that anyways. This thread now seems kind of pointless lol. Thanks for the reply.

ACR ARTEX › products › resqlink-...
Web results
ResQLink™ Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) | ACR ARTEX