Spy point cell cams

Anyone have experience with these?

I bought a couple this year, one of them works ok, although you need to do jumping jacks in front of it to get a pic. The other one take pics all day of well nothing. Per customer service I updated software, changed locations yada yada.

I fear I'll have to find better ones ??

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I’m struggling with SPYPOINT as well, I have to talk nice to it to work half the time endless problems very finicky.. I’m moving to Tactacam sounds like people have better luck with those.

Sapcut

WKR
Anyone have experience with these?

I bought a couple this year, one of them works ok, although you need to do jumping jacks in front of it to get a pic. The other one take pics all day of well nothing. Per customer service I updated software, changed locations yada yada.

I fear I'll have to find better ones ??
I have used 10-12 Spypoint cameras for a while now. I have found that deep knee bends work much better at triggering camera. 😂.

The first couple years I had lots of issues and too many times having to go to camera or have it in hand to get it updated and working. The last year they have been much better and less hands on has been needed.

However, the picture quality, the transmission speed, the ability to send videos in a nano flash doesn’t come close to the Camojojo Trace. Ginormous difference in every category for the same price.

Spoonman

WKR
I have a spypoint flex and it’s been fine. Picture quality sucks but they take pics of whatever is in front of it with no problems. I run tactacam reveal x and love those!

Yoder

WKR
I had two given to me. One wouldn't connect right out of the box. The other works pretty good but the picture quality is not great. It has no problem picking up a couple hundred pictures of squirrels. I can't remember what model it is.

taskswap

WKR
I have two of them. They're mounted about 100yds apart in open terrain with direct LOS to a cell tower. One of them has been pretty solid, but the other one will be online for about a week and then fail. It recovers immediately after power-cycling, but never on its own. Sadly since this homestead is 4hrs from where we live, this means we mostly only get use out of it a few weeks a year. YMMV.

The cameras themselves are convenient and the plan is pretty cheap compared to other options. They're nowhere near as configurable as other cameras I've owned, though. I miss my Browning's ability to take manual photos on a schedule - I like to monitor the daily weather that way. And the Web app is pretty basic. It's not terrible, just underwhelming.

I don't regret the purchase but definitely don't plan to get any more.

I have 5 that I run sporadically for elk. Picture quality is low but so is the price. Battery life is great, I usually get pictures for a year or more before they die. They sometimes go offline for a few months in the Winter when it gets too cold but will start sending pics again in the Spring once it warms up some. The two places I leave them are 5 & 8 hours from my house so I am content with their performance with little to no maintence from me.

Dinosdeuce

FNG
Classified Approved
I bought 2 SPYPOINT LM-2 on impulse during Black Friday at Academy Sports. The area I wanted to put the cameras does not have a strong enough signal. So I was not able to deploy them. I only get 1 bar on my phone with AT&T. I also realized the ones I bought have a V in the model number. Didn’t know it meant for Verizon network. Should done my homework and looked more carefully. Hope once I find a spot that has a good enough signal I don’t have any problems.