SSH Ruger Mk 4 experiences

Anyone have experience with the silencer shop mark 4? I'm considering this vs the lite specifically for grouse while archery hunting. Will be shooting with a banish 22 can.

The lite is a little lighter which is nice when every ounce counts but the ssh will be smaller and with a full size can that makes a huge difference too. I'm really curious on accuracy though. Most shots would be within 20 yards but want to be able to hit something a little further if needed.

I’m curious as well on the accuracy.
I have a tactical with a cut and threaded 2 inch barrel.Will run a red dot only.
Waiting on a tbac 22.

jhm2023

WKR
I went with the SSH over the lite for the reduced length. I figure the shortened length fit my needs better since it's purpose in life is to live in the lid of my pack with a suppressor for opportunistic shooting grouse and ptarmigan while hunting various big game. My only complaint about it is the hole spacing is different than the other mk4 models so finding a red dot adapter plate to get rid of the pic rail has been a pain. There are no iron sights on the SSH so this may matters more. Otherwise I'm happy with it and it shoots great.

OP
L
I went with the SSH over the lite for the reduced length. I figure the shortened length fit my needs better since it's purpose in life is to live in the lid of my pack with a suppressor for opportunistic shooting grouse and ptarmigan while hunting various big game. My only complaint about it is the hole spacing is different than the other mk4 models so finding a red dot adapter plate to get rid of the pic rail has been a pain. There are no iron sights on the SSH so this may matters more. Otherwise I'm happy with it and it shoots great.
That's exactly what I'm wanting one for. Last year I saw about 20 grouse in one day while elk hunting and even got within about 10 yards before they spooked. Was real close to throwing an arrow a couple of times but that's way too expensive to justify losing an arrow for so little meat. This year I want to be prepared.

Hmmm…$15 arrow vs $1000 gun / optic / can.

Yep. Makes sense. You can’t argue with that Rokslide math.

11boo

WKR
Can’t take it with you. Waiting on approval for a griffin 22 can for the exact reason, grouse getter. It’ll go on a standard 22/45 lite MK4. It’ll also fit fine in my HPG chest bag. Probably will get the griffin can bag and keep the can on a pack belt.

OP
L
Hmmm…$15 arrow vs $1000 gun / optic / can.

Yep. Makes sense. You can’t argue with that Rokslide math.
Exactly. That adds up quickly with match grade fmj's. I lose enough while 3D shooting.

But in all seriousness. My daughter is wanting to hunt with me. She can't quite pull back 40 pounds so I figured this would at least get her out and excited with me. Plus I get a new gun out of it.