Stan Onnex Click

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a Stan SX3 and I like it a lot but this click model looks interesting so I ordered one to try out.

Anyone shoot them?

OutdoorAg

WKR
How do you like it? Does the click do anything to improve your shot routine? I’m looking at it as a two-stage trigger for a bow.
It helps me remain present in the shot. Knowing that once I’ve aimed, I must step out of that room and into the firing of the release room.

Watch some of the videos. Lancaster did one with the release.

I also like that the release fires with upward pressure on the thumb tab/button. Easier for me to produce a consistent pressure, and in return - produce a consistent shot timing/process.

I love it. I always struggled with consistently pulling through the shot using a thumb release. The click and “single digit manipulation” make it much more consistent for me.

Plus, it’s well made.

TheTone

WKR
I messed with one a little at a shop the other day. It was much more interesting than I expected. I loved the fit and feel of the 3 finger model. I wish I switched to a thumb trigger this year and think I shoot it better and have a better anchor but I can still punch the heck out of it if I’m not concentrating. I thought the click could help with that

tdoublev

FNG
Make no mistake about it, you can still punch this release. I bought one as a gift for my dad, but hate how it connects to the d loop so got a different one. I think having the understanding of the importance of consistent pressure/load before pulling through is important but you don’t need this release to learn it. I’m for sure biased - I didn’t like the attachment or how the barrel felt in my hand

Flatmat

FNG
I shoot one. I originally bought it to use the click to get a constant thumb pressure on every shot before starting to pull through the shot. Nowadays I squeeze to the click and then squeeze with my thumb until the shot breaks.

I shoot a Stan SX3 and I like it a lot but this click model looks interesting so I ordered one to try out.

Anyone shoot them?
I have 3 weeks with my Onnex C (large). I've used a Carter Sensation for 2 years now and felt that the "click" would help my shot process which it has. Stan offers a wide range of adjustability and knowing that I have the right pre-load pressure has been a huge help. I've adjusted the release to have the most minimal amount of travel possible, it took a minute to get used to the "click" (made my brain jump at first) but the deep dive and $310 has been worth it.
Imo anyone interested or making the purchase needs to watch the YouTube videos from Lancaster Archery and Podium Archer with Joel Turner, they cover adjustment and use. My process is apply pressure to the thumb button to the click (hold the pressure) and pull through the shot.

Last edited:
I bought one about mid way into season I was having an issue with how much preload I would place on the barrel of the release then found this release. I’ve been very happy with how it works I’m sold on the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one recently and really enjoy it, but it was less about fixing issues with my shot and more wanting something I can leave on a D loop and something where the moons can't move on the odd occasion that they do in my hinges. I shoot the clicker just as well as I do my hinges and I'm hugely confident going into the fallow rut with it.

I ran both the clicker and non clicker and found myself to be more consistent with the non clicker. I found the click gave me a small amount of shot panic which I don't normally have.

jmez

WKR
If you use a clicker correctly it shouldn't cause any shot panic. You do not start your aiming process or "firing" engine until after the release has clicked. You shouldn't even be looking through the peep when it clicks. Release should click as you are settling into the draw. After the click begin aiming and firing sequence.

Just picked up a few weeks ago and have a couple of dozen arrows just to play with it. Ive been traveling since. Just as a normal release, the sear is really crisp, fits well in the hand and is well built and very customizable. I do like the click and am learning some of joel turner's techniques. I am a bit ADHD, so the click helps me refocus or so it seems. My poi changed a bit from my Ultraview, and the head is shorter so it will take some adjustment. Hope to get more time on it this weekend. Only 2 months from my first TAC of the year, and less than that from our local series starting. I also like that it has all the parts to modify in the package and you have a pin you can insert in the sear to "dry fire" the release.

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot one . I like it. I can’t do the “turner method” I get punchy when I involve just one digit. I like the click so far though. I pull through the shot while relaxing my fingers slightly, dragging my thumb across the button until ‘click’ pull some more…fire

PA HUNTR

FNG
I bought towards the end of last summer. I do like it and like the idea of the single digit manipulation that Joel talks about, but did not have enough time with it before season started to break myself off pulling through the shot with it. I hunted with my UV button but will spend some time to get onto this release once it starts warming up here.

K_pem

WKR
I've been super curious too, looks like a better way to control your shot break if youre not a backtension guy.

Anyone here dumping a clicker in M/L?