Stealth Cam Deceptor vs Tactacam Reveal

hehaka bloka

Lil-Rokslider
Good morning. Just looking for some opinions on either one. I've heard that Stealth Cams customer service is worthless. Thoughts on the cameras? Thanks in advance.

WCB

WKR
tactacam...use them late season in the dakotas... minus some human error on setup (facing into predominant winds and lenses/sensor icing up or in a deep timbered hole. They have worked basically flawlessly for the last 3 years.

Left out from beginning of December through May. Only times they didn't work were when freezing rain or snow packed the sensor/lense or this year when the drifts covered cameras that were set chest high. As soon as the snow would settle or camera would thaw out...instant pictures.

To be fair I've never had the Stealth Cam, but I have a couple Tactacam Reveals and they have done well for me. I've used one of them for 3 years and the other is on it's second year.

satchamo

WKR
I have 7 tactacams - some gen 1, some gen 2 and the latest pro. I have had 0 issues outside of not using the right SD cards. They’re reliable, the app is great and they’re priced accordingly.

Stealth cam has a track record of making complete junk but I’ve also not used one in years.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up 2 tactacam reveals earlier this summer, and have been running them for a month now. I am very happy with them. Very easy to setup & their app for retrieving pics to your phone works very well. I had a bit of trouble getting my phone to read the QR code one of the cams on setup, so I reached out to their customer service. They had my issues resolved in minutes & overall it was a good experience. I would recommend the Tactacams.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Another Tactacam vote. Had a minor billing issue and it was resolved very quickly.

I’ve had mine mounted with a solar setup for ~ 2 years and it has worked flawlessly even well into negative temperatures