Steiner T6Xi 2.5-15x50 SCR Mil\Mil FFP

Does anyone have any in-field use with this optic? I just bought one but they are fairly new with limited reviews. Really thinking the magnification range will be optimal on a SPR 5.56 like my Noveske 18” or a new 6.5 Grendel I just built with a Lilja barrel.

If no one has reviewed it, I just bought one and should have it in a week or two. I’ll post my thoughts here when I get it and after I shoot with it some.

OP
C
I got mine in. Glass is very clear, no Chromatic Aberration or edge distortion of note. Magnification ring is smooth and the addition of the throw lever makes it feel very robust. I put it on my Noveske 18" SPR and zeroed it without issue. I pulled the BCG and lined the barrel up with a target about 50 yards downrange, adjusted the scope to the reference point, put everything together and had full zero in three shots.

The floating crosshair is fine and allows for target observation, and also still precise/fine enough for shooting paper. For my purposes, I would rather have an 18-20 power top end, but for hunting or banging steel, this scope will work great at distance when you aren't looking to shoot .25" paper bullseyes at 100 plus. This isn't a knock to the scope, more so the limitations of a 15 power optic. I really like the reticle design overall.

Illumination is good at anything past 6 power, from 6 and in the reticle in FFP format is too small for illumination to show up meaningfully. I was hoping the reticle would present as a smaller dot in 2.5 power with illumination up, but I understand the limitations of this with a FFP and a non-1 power scope such as the Razor 1-10 or the Eotech LPVO's that have really nice red-dot style dots at the low end.

The locking turret mechanism is amazing, it works so well and is so well incorporated into the optic, this is one of my favorite features of probably every optic I own. Zero stop is as easy as any other scope to set along with resetting the optic to 0 after finding zero. Turret clicks are good, not great, but I am a stickler for having a turret that has a very forceful click. It's not what I would call mushy, just not as distinctive as I would like personally. It's more of a pet peeve of mine, but it's still better than 75% of the optics I've owned.

Size (especially length) is really nice, weight is good. I like this optic on my AR, but I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a bolt gun as well, and will probably do so just to test it out there.

The included Tenebrax caps are nice.

Overall I really like the optic. The Noveske Thunder Ranch 18" SPR it sets on is such an accurate rifle that I ALMOST want to put an 18-20 power top end optic on it just to eek out the last bit of accuracy to see what it can do with the 70+ grain bullets. But this isn't a knock to the optic. I know what I was signing up for when I ordered an optic with 15 at the top end. For a short, robust 15 power optic, I really think it can fit the bill of a compact mid powered optic with crystal clear glass and the coolest locking turret feature I've seen. I can see this as being a phenomenal hunting optic and also a phenomenal SPR optic for shooting steel. I know I will definitely be putting it through its paces when it warms up here in OH on steel out to 800 or so.

If you have any specific questions please let me know!