Stocky's VG2 for Tikka

Tahoe1305

WKR
These only work for short action Tikkas?
Pretty sure that isn’t true. I have two of them.

Both happen to be in short action cartridges. But I have LA bolt stop and LA magazines and all fit.

It’s the same action/BM/magazine. Only bolt face and bolt stop change if your using factory BM.

If you want to run AICS and other mag options things get a bit weird, but likely not an issue for these either if you can find a BM to support.

Pretty sure that isn’t true. I have two of them.

Both happen to be in short action cartridges. But I have LA bolt stop and LA magazines and all fit.

It’s the same action/BM/magazine. Only bolt face and bolt stop change if your using factory BM.

If you want to run AICS and other mag options things get a bit weird, but likely not an issue for these either if you can find a BM to support.
Ok thanks I know the KRG bravos are short action only I wasn't sure if that was bc it's was a Tikka thing or just a bravo thing, but sounds like it's a bravo thing

leclairk

FNG
Trying to decide if I should bed it or not. Has anyone shot theirs without bedding? I have never bedded an action but I see there are plenty of videos about how to do it. I'm just worried I will screw up the stock. I guess I could have my smith do it.

OP
morgaj1

morgaj1

WKR
Trying to decide if I should bed it or not. Has anyone shot theirs without bedding? I have never bedded an action but I see there are plenty of videos about how to do it. I'm just worried I will screw up the stock. I guess I could have my smith do it.
I have a 223 Tikka action/barrel that is bone stock in a Stocky's. I never bedded it and it consistently shoots <0.5" 5-shot groups.

TxLite

WKR
This was Friday from the bed of my truck doing some load development with 180 Berger hybrids. Had some horizontal stringing that I blame on me. So far these have been the only shots I’ve taken with the stock.

F395B5DB-3EAE-49ED-9D24-F62F2BE72247.jpeg

7D80B0CC-159F-4B51-8327-D03432F21B22.jpeg

leclairk

FNG
I guess I can assemble it and shoot it. If it shoot well I’ll leave it alone. Stockys did not send me the recoil lug. I emailed them and they told me they were out but would send when they got them. Has anyone replaced the butt pad? Mine came with a half inch and I’d like a 1”.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I guess I can assemble it and shoot it. If it shoot well I’ll leave it alone. Stockys did not send me the recoil lug. I emailed them and they told me they were out but would send when they got them. Has anyone replaced the butt pad? Mine came with a half inch and I’d like a 1”.
I haven’t. But unless it’s for LOP I would give it a shot first. It does surprisingly well for being so small. I do think LOP is maybe a tad longer than similar stocks too (it is compared to sportsman model by 1/4-1/2”).

I think you can get a LS airtech to fit it….those are my favs. I can compare the standard tikka airtech footprint to the stockys when I get home later.

TxLite

WKR
I think you can get a LS airtech to fit it….those are my favs. I can compare the standard tikka airtech footprint to the stockys when I get home later.
Interested to see how they compare. The factory pad wasn’t bad with the 7 prc but I’m always looking for performance gains where possible

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
Interested to see how they compare. The factory pad wasn’t bad with the 7 prc but I’d be I’m always looking for performance gains where possible
So I tried it on there it does fit. But not perfectly. Pictures show.

Guessing you can find one with a better fit.

Fwiw the airtech is exactly 1oz more than the one that comes with the VG.

Attachments

• IMG_7577.jpeg
    IMG_7577.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7576.jpeg
    IMG_7576.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 63

leclairk

FNG
Don’t see much need to bed it. These are factory SMK’s at 100 yards and my first time out with the gun.

Attachments

• IMG_8483.jpeg
    IMG_8483.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8484.jpeg
    IMG_8484.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 19

TxLite

WKR
Had my kids paint mine this weekend as a fun family project. Also added some QD sling cups to the side. Little before and after.

54B1B984-FCE3-4B71-8F18-FEB2E6C90982.jpeg

AA28183B-CFFD-42EB-AA26-D5BE377F7FE0.jpeg

E373F5EB-8658-41EF-8BE0-FCCE02BDAAAF.jpeg

505D52B7-1F26-4CF4-923A-EB3219292C21.jpeg

TxLite

WKR
How’d the QD install go? Feel stable? Any issues?
Not going to lie, it was my first time drilling into carbon fiber and it was sketchy as hell. Not a fan.

Feels really solid so far but I haven’t done anything beyond walking around the house with it as a function check

So I tried it on there it does fit. But not perfectly. Pictures show.

Guessing you can find one with a better fit.

Fwiw the airtech is exactly 1oz more than the one that comes with the VG.
What was LOP with the regular stockys pad vs when you changed to the airtech?