Stove jack fabric

ozyclint

WKR
I have a couple of projects to install stove jacks on.

What is the fabric made from? Some sort of coated fibreglass cloth? What is the coating?

Is it silica cloth?

I just called an industrial supply company here in Australia and they weren't keen on the idea of using silicone coated fibreglass. Saying the coating won't handle high temp.

What is stove jack fabric?????

WoodBow

WKR
It is literally fiberglass cloth impregnated with silicone. I made mine myself. Handles the temps no problem.

You can also buy the fabric or stove jacks from a place called something like bear paw shelters, or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Around 2010 I bought a complete stove jack from TiGoat to sew in a golite tent. Suspect you can find complete stove jacks from any number of sources now.

I made a template of the portion of the tent panel where the jack would go with a paper overlay that I cut out. Sent it to them and they matched it up with the angles and lengths to sew it right on top of the tent and then I just had to trim the tent fabric for the pipe hole plus safety margin.

The other advantage was that they put the flap with Velcro trim into the system so the tent was already perfectly setup to use with or without stove.

If you make your own you want to use a high temp silicone (auto parts stores often carry it). Most are made from thin fiberglass cloth, but if your worried, you could use nomex cloth.

Here’s another source