Sub $400 scope

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
If you read the review of the Credo the tracking is checked that might give you a ballpark about what to expect. I haven't tried dialing my Huron and probably won't. But I do remember adjustments for zero were consistent and I got it on target quicker then other scope brands I'd tried before.

kcm2

WKR
You're hunting under 300 yards. Consider the 2.5-8x Leupold. That'll be plenty. I don't need more than 9x out to 500 on deer/antelope/elk.

nobody

WKR
I’ll take your nightforce and maven for $400
Where’s the requirement of $400? The op said nothing of it in his first post, quoted below:
Needing a scope for cva 35 whelen. Primary use would be iowa whitetail in open ag fields. Will also use this setup for diy/otc mule deer/elk hunts- not chasing monster wall hangers. In either case shots will be less then 300 yards. Most important qualities would be low light glass quality followed by usable reticle in all lighting conditions. Open to other suggestions as well. Any info on the following options:
Sightron stac 3-16x42 sfp duplex non illuminated
Arken epl4 4-16x44 ffp illuminated
Vortex viper pst 2.5-10x44 sfp ebr-1 illuminated
Primary Arms 4-14x44 ffp arc-2 illuminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He asked for other suggestions as well, so I provided them.

Bama67

FNG
Exactly as stated above. Unless you get a fixed power SWFA, you won't find a recommended scope from these guys under $1000
Trust me, I look almost every day and haven't found one yet. lol

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
The vortex crossfire 2 is a good scope on a budget. I have on one my 6.5 predator, I have shot out to 600 on targets great hunting scope for under 400 yards. I have the 6-18x44, good scope. Next time I would buy the 6-24x50. Field of view isn’t great when zoomed all the way in. Good scope for the money

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the same exact gun and was looking at the Huron for similar uses (out to 300 or so). I will not be dialing it much except a few times at the range possibly and really just wanting a reliable zero.

What rings are you planning to use?