Suppressor deals?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Another question for you guys, i figure i might as well pick up 2 instead of one while I'm filling out the form 4.
For sure one will be the scythe ti, now for the second...Omega 30 or Harvester Evo?
I know they apples to oranges, but for my uses, which is hunting and range use on a 25 creed. But also some gas gun 6mm arc and .223 home defense, possibly subsonic black out if I build one.

Which would you pick up as a secondary can?

TxLite

WKR
Another question for you guys, i figure i might as well pick up 2 instead of one while I'm filling out the form 4.
For sure one will be the scythe ti, now for the second...Omega 30 or Harvester Evo?
I know they apples to oranges, but for my uses, which is hunting and range use on a 25 creed. But also some gas gun 6mm arc and .223 home defense, possibly subsonic black out if I build one.

Which would you pick up as a secondary can?
I think the Scythe Ti covers everything The Evo does, but is better in every aspect. I would get the Omega as your second can. Or a Hybrid if you want to play with some bigger calibers eventually.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I think the Scythe Ti covers everything The Evo does, but is better in every aspect. I would get the Omega as your second can. Or a Hybrid if you want to play with some bigger calibers eventually.
Hybrid or big bore will come later, I need to get my marlin 1895 threaded first.

I'm liking the Omega but it seems really heavy, thats the only thing that has me contemplating the Evo. I'm not sure what a DT Omega weighs with just an end cap though...I believe the Evo is what 10 or 11 ounces? If a stripped down omega can get close to that then for sure ill go Omega.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’d look at either a big can (nomad LTi, Ultra 9, DD LTi, etc) or something in similar performance specs like the STi.

I have an omega. Its heavy, does a good job, but I’m confident the STi/Sycthe will be as good for 30%+ weight loss.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I’d look at either a big can (nomad LTi, Ultra 9, DD LTi, etc) or something in similar performance specs like the STi.

I have an omega. Its heavy, does a good job, but I’m confident the STi/Sycthe will be as good for 30%+ weight loss.
I would if I had all those options but scheels doesn't carry them. Options are kind of limited to what they have in store at the moment.

Omega is full auto, Scythe is not, not a huge deciding factor for my uses though

Tahoe1305

WKR
My unsolicited 2 cents….suppressors are kinda a PIA. You get one, wait 6-12 months, pay $200 stamp, trust paperwork potentially, etc.

I wouldn’t limit yourself to what you can get in person. Online deals can be had much cheaper than Scheels, and all it takes typically is a nominal transfer fee (which will still be less than Scheels) and a few week wait for a form 3 transfer to your local SOT (potentially even Scheels….although I speculate they will charge more than others).

That 20% off at Bauer precision tonight can get some solid cans for sub $700.

BL: get what you want, not what’s available.

TxLite

WKR
Hybrid or big bore will come later, I need to get my marlin 1895 threaded first.

I'm liking the Omega but it seems really heavy, thats the only thing that has me contemplating the Evo. I'm not sure what a DT Omega weighs with just an end cap though...I believe the Evo is what 10 or 11 ounces? If a stripped down omega can get close to that then for sure ill go Omega.
You can thread the 1895 while you wait 9 months for the stamp. If you’re planning on eventually suppressing big bores, I’d go ahead and get the hybrid. Unless you plan on restarting the wait again down the road and buying a third can.

I use my hybrid on everything from 556 to 45 acp and 458 socom. 30 cal end cap for anything that isn’t bigger than 30 cal. It’s not super light, but that’s what the Scythe is for.

he_lives

FNG
I made a seperate thread so more folks might see it, but for anyone waiting on the Bauer precision sale, it’s active as of about a half hour ago.

Picked up a polonium duty suppressor since I got an Enticer L Ti at Black Friday .

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You can thread the 1895 while you wait 9 months for the stamp. If you’re planning on eventually suppressing big bores, I’d go ahead and get the hybrid. Unless you plan on restarting the wait again down the road and buying a third can.

I use my hybrid on everything from 556 to 45 acp and 458 socom. 30 cal end cap for anything that isn’t bigger than 30 cal. It’s not super light, but that’s what the Scythe is for.
Came back to this thread to let you know...you were right.
I'm having buyers remorse from going with an Omega 300 as a second can and really wish I did the hybrid 46m.

But....I'll be alright...I'm filing paperwork for a ffl/class 3 sot....so ill have them all one that gets worked out.

TxLite

WKR
Came back to this thread to let you know...you were right.
I'm having buyers remorse from going with an Omega 300 as a second can and really wish I did the hybrid 46m.

But....I'll be alright...I'm filing paperwork for a ffl/class 3 sot....so ill have them all one that gets worked out.
😂

The great thing about suppressors is you can just buy another one! (and wait another 9 months)

The omega is a great can in its own right, so not a bad choice.

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
Got a YHM T2, Resonator R2 can't beat for the money just got an Otter Creek Labs Polonium 30 it was only $530 an was 36 hrs an 15 minutes from the time I got my submittal email to my Approved email

Got a YHM T2, Resonator R2 can't beat for the money just got an Otter Creek Labs Polonium 30 it was only $530 an was 36 hrs an 15 minutes from the time I got my submittal email to my Approved email
Wtf!
Got 4 cans in jail since November

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
No joke I thought they were messing with me when they called I know people that put in recently have been getting back in a few months or weeks. Said I was 2nd person to get one back that quick. My first one was 4 months 2nd was 8 so I ain't complaining lol