Suppressor Question

I was out hunting last week and after shooting my rifle with a Dead Air Nomad on it I eventually noticed that the end cap was gone. Not sure if it was blown off during the shots or how it came off...my question is can the suppressor be shot without the end cap on it? I am going deer hunting this weekend and won't have a replacement in time. Also will the POI shift if it is safe to shoot without end cap? Anyone else ever experience this?

Weldor

WKR
I would not shoot it without a endcap. Don't have a Nomad but the end cap on mine holds the baffles in place.

Probably not a good idea. I hope your experience with DA customer service is better than what others have run into lately.

OP
S
Probably not a good idea. I hope your experience with DA customer service is better than what others have run into lately.
I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Tried calling but only got a busy signal. I'm curious if I lost a baffle or not. I can't find an image to show how many baffles it should have and if it should have a baffle all the way to the end cap or if there is a gap between baffles and end cap??

Titan

WKR
I emailed them a question about the different threaded faceplates and they responded the same day. Try forwarding the email again.

I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Tried calling but only got a busy signal. I'm curious if I lost a baffle or not. I can't find an image to show how many baffles it should have and if it should have a baffle all the way to the end cap or if there is a gap between baffles and end cap??

The Nomad Ti is a fully welded can. You haven’t lost any baffles.

Obviously you know now but you have to keep an eye on the end cap. They loosen up fairly regularly. If you need it for a hunt I would shoot it after verifying zero but shoot as little as possible to avoid carbon in the threads for the end cap. I just took the 1-2 oz weight penalty and put an e brake on the end of mine.

Otherwise just keep bugging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
S
The Nomad Ti is a fully welded can. You haven’t lost any baffles.

Obviously you know now but you have to keep an eye on the end cap. They loosen up fairly regularly. If you need it for a hunt I would shoot it after verifying zero but shoot as little as possible to avoid carbon in the threads for the end cap. I just took the 1-2 oz weight penalty and put an e brake on the end of mine.

Otherwise just keep bugging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have the Nomad 30 and not the Ti...do you know if it's the same for the Nomad 30?

Yes, the Nomad 30 is fully welded as well. If you still have the threads where the end cap screws in, you have all your baffles.

OP
S
Yes, the Nomad 30 is fully welded as well. If you still have the threads where the end cap screws in, you have all your baffles.
Ok I'm good then, just need to replace the end cap. I'm sure I'll have to order one as I doubt Dead Air will replace it based on things I've read others say.