Swaro STS 25-50x65 non HD ( manufactured in 2012 ) or Zeiss Dialyt Dialyt 18-45x65

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Need help from the experts. I decided to buy a spotter to use on an Ibex hunt over a pair of vortex binos for the guide.

I may be able to buy these for $750 USD used but in excellent to very good condition.

Zeiss Japanese glass, Swaro we do not need to say more. Zeiss 19mm eye relief and swaro 17mm. Weight swaro 1265g and zeiss 1195g.

Field of view swaro Min. field of view...27m/1000m Max. field of view...42m/1000m and zeiss min field of view 23m/1000m and max field of view 40/1000m.

Zeiss close focus 10m and Swaro 5m.
Swaro Min. exit pupil.1.3 mm
Max. exit pupil.2.6 mm and Zeiss Min. exit pupil.1.4 mm Max. exit pupil.3.6 mm.

I know it's not the best comparison as one is 25-50x65 v 18-45x65, but what would will be optically better as i have never owned a spotter only use my Leica Geovids for everything

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
The Swaro smokes the Dialyt. The latter is fine for the casual viewer, the former, a serious scope with superb glass; even better with that 25-50wa.

Wouldn't even consider it over the Swaro, not a valid comparison.

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
The Swaro smokes the Dialyt. The latter is fine for the casual viewer, the former, a serious scope with superb glass; even better with that 25-50wa.

Wouldn't even consider it over the Swaro, not a valid comparison.
The Swaro is the non HD model which started to be manufactured in 2012 , still assuming it will still beat the Japanese glass this Zeiss uses

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hands down without question the Swarovski STS. I have a 2006 STS nonHD and a 2019 STS HD. I doubt you could tell which one was which if I covered the scopes so you couldn't see the markings.
Appreciate the reply! Helped me made my mind up, i was rooting for the Swaro but wanted everyones opinion.

Althought it's straight not angled but will make it work and use a higher tripod that extends to 200cm.

Broomd

WKR
The Swaro is the non HD model which started to be manufactured in 2012 , still assuming it will still beat the Japanese glass this Zeiss uses
Yep, the HD may view with a bit more 'zing', but whether or not most mortal eyes can detect that is another thing. Methinks the HD shines a bit more with low-light digiscoping. But overall the non-HD is still a fantastic lifetime optic.

You're making the right choice.

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, the HD may view with a bit more 'zing', but whether or not most mortal eyes can detect that is another thing. Methinks the HD shines a bit more with low-light digiscoping. But overall the non-HD is still a fantastic lifetime optic.

Ended up buying it for $980 USD. Just got to find lens caps for it as he has lost both.

Broomd

WKR
Not sure about your Swaro dealers there down under, but a quick call to ours here in the states (Rhode Island) would likely produce a set of caps gratis. Congrats on the purchase!

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about your Swaro dealers there down under, but a quick call to ours here in the states (Rhode Island) would likely produce a set of caps gratis. Congrats on the purchase!
Emailed both Swaro in Europe and USA. Our dealers are quite pathetic to deal with most times anyways.

Cheers, looking forward to using it

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider

It's actually the STS HD 65 25-50W , i thought it was not the HD model but it is.

Attachments

• IMG_6815.jpg
    IMG_6815.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 6
OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, that's a nice surprise and great scope, congrats!
I did not really ask if it was the HD, at that price i thought no way it is. Thank you , got my tripod today and hopefully it suits me , i am 6foot7 but could only find a tripod that is 6foot5, but then again i prefer to sit down and glass.

Amazing customer service from Swarovski - getting the lens caps for free.
Deal of the year right there
I would have preferred to win lotto but this win i will also take 🤣🤣🤣. I have noticed in america and canada used optics are still quite dear compared to australia