Swarovski ATS 65t vs Kowa TSN 66a

JMM1990

FNG
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Swarovski ATS 65 vs Kowa TSN 66a? I have seen the S&S Archery videos on youtube, but I have never personally looked through a Kowa spotting scope. I'm interested in hearing any feedback between the two, since I am considering purchasing a new spotting scope. Still running the Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 gen 1

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Kowa 66a I had a BTX 95 before that and loved it but was to heavy for packing. But I must say the Kowa is a really great spotter for 1/3 the weight it does everything I need it to do in a lighter package

OP
J

JMM1990

FNG
I just got the Kowa 66a I had a BTX 95 before that and loved it but was to heavy for packing. But I must say the Kowa is a really great spotter for 1/3 the weight it does everything I need it to do in a lighter package
That’s good to hear! I’m a little worried going from a 85mm to a 65mm. Have you tried to digiscope with the Kowa 66a?

Jlujan01

FNG
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Swarovski ATS 65 vs Kowa TSN 66a? I have seen the S&S Archery videos on youtube, but I have never personally looked through a Kowa spotting scope. I'm interested in hearing any feedback between the two, since I am considering purchasing a new spotting scope. Still running the Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 gen 1
I wrote a comparison of an ATS 65 25-50W vs a Kowa 66A. The Kowa is awesome. I have an old gen I 65 and both scopes make the vortex look like a paper towel tube with glass on both sides. The field of views and brightness, especially at high magnifications, are almost not even comparable because of how dark and grainy the Razors get. Check out my review and Matt Cashells review as he compared the 66A to the 88A

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I have both of these scopes at the moment; the Swaro 65 and the new Kowa 66. I have compared them side by side, resolving mountain top tree branches at 4 miles during the day and again at dusk, and the Kowa is noticeably the better scope to my eyes.

Definitely the Kowa! I had both. Still have the 66. I know others will say differently, but the Kowa glass wise beats Swaro in every spotting scope objective. And it’s noticeable. I’ve quite honestly had them all.

I wrote a comparison of an ATS 65 25-50W vs a Kowa 66A. The Kowa is awesome. I have an old gen I 65 and both scopes make the vortex look like a paper towel tube with glass on both sides. The field of views and brightness, especially at high magnifications, are almost not even comparable because of how dark and grainy the Razors get. Check out my review and Matt Cashells review as he compared the 66A to the 88A
Hey mate,
Where would I find your review on the 66a vs 88a?
I’m looking at either one but obviously tending toward the 66a for obvious reasons 😂

Jlujan01

FNG
Hey mate,
Where would I find your review on the 66a vs 88a?
I’m looking at either one but obviously tending toward the 66a for obvious reasons 😂
I actually didn’t write that review but if you look up Matt Cashell, he wrote one on the 88 vs 66

The 66 is awesome!

I actually didn’t write that review but if you look up Matt Cashell, he wrote one on the 88 vs 66

The 66 is awesome!
I think I’ll go the 66. You boys running the angled or the straight?
I’ve been runnng the angled 601 but now that im
In the market for a new one I’m questioning the straight one. I like the idea that’s it’s easier to pack. But I’ve never digiscoping with one and tried tracking a shot animal while filming with a straight scope

Jlujan01

FNG
I think I’ll go the 66. You boys running the angled or the straight?
I’ve been runnng the angled 601 but now that im
In the market for a new one I’m questioning the straight one. I like the idea that’s it’s easier to pack. But I’ve never digiscoping with one and tried tracking a shot animal while filming with a straight scope
I went with a straight. I was able to use the sirui arca swiss plates to index the spotter with my outdoorsman’s adapter so I can swap between my binos and spotter very easily and be in almost the same spot without adjusting my tripod. The straight is a bit longer but it fits perfectly in my stone glacier 7800 spotter pouch. I don’t know if you are putting your spotter in your bag or if it has a spot on your pack like mine but it’s something to think about. Digiscoping isn’t much different to me as far as angled vs straight. I use the Ollin system and it works really well and is super quick.

I went with a straight. I was able to use the sirui arca swiss plates to index the spotter with my outdoorsman’s adapter so I can swap between my binos and spotter very easily and be in almost the same spot without adjusting my tripod. The straight is a bit longer but it fits perfectly in my stone glacier 7800 spotter pouch. I don’t know if you are putting your spotter in your bag or if it has a spot on your pack like mine but it’s something to think about. Digiscoping isn’t much different to me as far as angled vs straight. I use the Ollin system and it works really well and is super quick.
Thanks mate, that’s given me more confidence to go with my gut.
I run the exo k4 and my spotter goes in the zip up sides pocket so that’s perfect. I also run the Olin adaptor which I think is unreal. I sometimes use my Sony A7 as well when I’m not weight sensitive

Jlujan01

FNG
Thanks mate, that’s given me more confidence to go with my gut.
I run the exo k4 and my spotter goes in the zip up sides pocket so that’s perfect. I also run the Olin adaptor which I think is unreal. I sometimes use my Sony A7 as well when I’m not weight sensitive
Nice man! I’ll measure my 66 tomorrow and see the length with the adapter on it so you can have an idea for how long it is to make sure it will fit in that pouch.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Doing another direct comparison this weekend (at least close STM 65HD and 66a). Will publish the findings. Comparing another dozen or so spotters too.