Tell me about this mountain lion

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I was out checking game cameras tonight and found this. I don't know much about cats, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they see. Age/gender/ maturity. Thanks.
MUD_6376.JPG

grainhog

FNG
Overall body size, shoulder blade definition, mass in hind quarter, and black tip definitely suggest adulthood to me, and my suspicion is this is an older tom. But avatar notwithstanding I don't really know a great deal about them. Such cool creatures.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Yup, looks like a big male. All I know is they sure are attracted to my turkey set-ups/calling. ruined a few hunts for me.

Stalker69

WKR
It looks as though he may not be doing so well. One is he is out in the day light, when I enlarge the picture it looks as though he has mange, or worse, I see alot of bumps on it, ( could be because of the mange)and hair loss. Either that or the photo is very misleading.

Last edited:
OP
ThunderJack49

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I think this cat has also been in this area for most of the year. I have pictures of elk and bear in this same meadow. Last picture on the camera right now is some elk sprinting through there. Thanks for your help guys.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Nice looking adult Tom. Hard to tell if he is healthy from pic. Kinda looks like he is dappled by sunlight. Always exciting to see a lion.