The original victory rip is really dang good

I was trying to figure out how to get an arrow built up for turkey, 3d and summer practice that would be close to my rip tkos without being as expensive. I tend to break a lot of them shooting groups and shooting 3d and at 17$ or more per shaft for the elites (before components) it hurts to see them break.

I'm a long draw archer (31 inches) so if I shoot some of the other options for a 5mm on the market my arrow weight gets higher than I want for turkey, 3d and dropping bombs all summer.

I for some reason have always overlooked the victory rip. The original 5mm offering from victory just didn't seem impressive on paper so I'd always look past it.

Well, I finally dove in to try it. I bought a dozen victory rip original sports. I had originally intended to shoot them with gold tip traditional 600 insert and 3 aae max hunters for all summer. I checked fitment and honestly didn't love the diameter of the gold tip components because I felt like there was just enough carbon exposed to possibly cause issues in the 250 spine since the wall is a bit thicker. I ended up going with the stock 60 grain victory stainless. Other than the goofy size of 5/16 field tip, install went well with hot melt. I checked my dozen for straightness and didn't have one that I had to discard. My total arrow weight ended up being 472 grains with the rip and a 60 grain insert vs 462 with the rip tko and a 75 grain insert. After a month of testing outdoor, I can happily report that the durability of the 250 spine is as good as the rip tko for group shooting, and I might even say a touch better for nock end blow out due to impact from an incoming arrow on a 3d target.

I like them as much as the rip tkos, and if they hold up well to the abuse of a full summer of use I might even switch to them for all my hunting moving forward. I have loved the rip tkos, but the price has gotten to the point where it hurts a bit too much to use them all year long. I broke a few rip tkos the last few years on animals in ways that had me wondering if a thicker wall arrow might have helped.

Time and more testing will help prove or disprove my theory, but I think in the 250 spine specifically the rips with the thicker wall than the rip tko might hold up to abuse really really well.

I have been shooting rabbits all "winter" (no snow so how can it be winter) with them and have yet to have an issue with the 60 grain ss insert holding up on frozen dirt (especially since I ain't missed one yet) I have however smashed up my collection of Judo tips which leads me to believe the arrow and insert are durable enough for use.

Anybody out there use the original rips and have insight into long term hold up?

I am concerned for the stock components to bend but as of yet haven't seen an issue. I'd switch to the easton 75 grain components (or Podium 50s) if needed as I haven't had a single issue there.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the standard RIP elites and have found no reason to switch to TKOs. They hold up great and I found a good deal on them last year and bought enough to last for several seasons.

Swapped out the standard insets for the Gold tip SS airstrike inserts however.

OP
E
I shoot the standard RIP elites and have found no reason to switch to TKOs. They hold up great and I found a good deal on them last year and bought enough to last for several seasons.

Swapped out the standard insets for the Gold tip SS airstrike inserts however.
What spine size do you shoot? I found the gold tips to not quite perfectly fit my 250s, leaving a small amount of carbon that could have been exposed to impact. I'd run them easy for broadheads, I just didn't love it with the size of field tips I had. If I had those more bulbous ez pull field tips I'd have been less concerned

OP
E
300 spine and I don’t have any issues with exposed carbon.
It's a small lip, the airstrike 75 grainers are almost perfect fit but not quite. I wonder if the 80 grainers would be thicker to flush up perfect. I'd like to try the podium 50s without buying a dozen since they're kinds spendy but would ultimately get me where I want to be total weight wise

OP
E
Finally broke one boys. Sad day.

Not many arrows I know of would have been able to handle it. 0 degrees this morning shooting for a couple rounds. Did something foolish and skipped an arrow off the back of a redneck 3d bedded deer (when the legs break they're just bedded now) and the arrow wrangled with a fence post and some chicken wire behind the target. Arrow went in sideways or I think it may have survived

RIP little buddy you shall be missed
But at the price, i ain't even mad about it I'll buy more lol

Attachments

• 1000006925.jpg
    1000006925.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 10
OP
E
Finally broke one boys. Sad day.

Not many arrows I know of would have been able to handle it. 0 degrees this morning shooting for a couple rounds. Did something foolish and skipped an arrow off the back of a redneck 3d bedded deer (when the legs break they're just bedded now) and the arrow wrangled with a fence post and some chicken wire behind the target.

RIP little buddy you shall be missed
But at the price, i ain't even mad about it I'll buy more lol