Tikka 7mm PRC?

cwpepper

FNG
Love this...I'm at that point of, "Either tikka will offer a 7prc by shot show, or I'll buy the 7mm rem mag and the prefit and do it myself". That proof prefit just looking too nice. :)
I’m in the exact same position. Waiting patiently. Please Tikka please, make the 7PRC.

pucmw11

FNG
I’m in the exact same position. Waiting patiently. Please Tikka please, make the 7PRC.
SHOT Show is from Tue, Jan 23, 2024 – Fri, Jan 26, 2024!!!
So if we don't have new product offerings by the 27th, they're probably not coming.
Either Tikka will make one, or that new Bergara Carbon Crest in 7prc might be the ticket.

Unckebob

WKR
Love this...I'm at that point of, "Either tikka will offer a 7prc by shot show, or I'll buy the 7mm rem mag and the prefit and do it myself". That proof prefit just looking too nice. :)

Why not get a Prefit 7 PRC barrel if that is what you want?

pucmw11

FNG
Why not get a Prefit 7 PRC barrel if that is what you want?
Well, because what I "want" is Tikka to offer a factory barrel/chambering in 7prc. I definitely don't mind going with a Proof Prefit, but the moment I do, I've either got to inlet the crap out of the roughtech stock or replace the stock entirely. Ideally, I'd not like to have to do all that.

Don't get me wrong, the Manners stock offerings are LOVELY, but the moment you go prefit/manners, there's another $1500 minimum right? Tikka makes a fantastic rifle. I just want one in a caliber I hope they pick up this year. :) (especially with Bergara hopping on the 7prc bandwagon HARD for 2024 - that new Crest Carbon in 7prc is tempting)

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Well, because what I "want" is Tikka to offer a factory barrel/chambering in 7prc. I definitely don't mind going with a Proof Prefit, but the moment I do, I've either got to inlet the crap out of the roughtech stock or replace the stock entirely. Ideally, I'd not like to have to do all that.

Don't get me wrong, the Manners stock offerings are LOVELY, but the moment you go prefit/manners, there's another $1500 minimum right? Tikka makes a fantastic rifle. I just want one in a caliber I hope they pick up this year. :) (especially with Bergara hopping on the 7prc bandwagon HARD for 2024 - that new Crest Carbon in 7prc is tempting

My thoughts exactly. I have a spare T3X 300Win in the safe collecting dust. I've thought about buying a prefit to go 7PRC but I would really rather just buy a factory stainless superlite already chambered in 7PRC. Waiting patiently to see what Tikka brings out at Shot Show.

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
Any more rumors on this? I'm trying to be patient... but am seriously contemplating a stainless 300WM from a local store and a prefit carbon 7PRC barrel.

Any hope they make it in a Superlite Stainless Steel? (I also can't find a 6.5 PRC in Superlite Stainless to save my life.)

OP
T
I haven’t heard anything but haven’t really been looking lately. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t but wasn’t expecting it to take this long. Anyone out there have recommendations for other factory rifles in this caliber?

I am not insulting anyone….can’t see how you could even read into that. I am not bashing anyone, never have and don’t ever intend too. Simply exposing the cons of a cartridge is not bashing anyone. And I don’t appreciate being flamed for it either. If I remember correctly, on another thread I explained why I chose the 6.8 Western over the 7 PRC….you flamed me for that too. I will post want I feel like posting, regardless if you like it or not. People will make up their own minds and so will I.
——————————————————————————————————————————————-
Tikka will offer a cartridge only if they think they can get enough of the market share. Some Hand-loaders like me will not consider buying a Tikka T3 action for a long action cartridge. The reason is that the Tikka action will not feed a cartridge longer than 3.5“. The Tikka magazine is max at 3.37”. You can get magazines for a Tikka that will feed any cartridge long or short, up to 3.4”. Some hand loaders are okay with loading up to the length that will fit in the Tikka magazine. I am not one of them and there are many others like me. I have already stated that the 7 PRC is a good cartridge. I will even go as far as to say that the 7 PRC is an excellent long range cartridge, because it is. If I wanted a 7 PRC, I would go buy a Christiansen Arms barreled action and drop it into a good stock. Because the rifle would be good to go for cartridges in excess of 3.6” COAL.
I would like to read why you chose 6.8 over 7PRC can you link me the thread? Thanks

Gila

WKR
That past content is hard to find for me right now…but basically I had a T3x lite chambered in a 300 WM. I put some heavy accessories on it, heavy tactical scope with heavy rings, rail and stuff. It weighed about 12lbs and shot factory ammo just fine. During the last ammo shortage some years ago now, I couldn’t find the ammo I wanted to shoot so got into hand-loading. Eventually started loading heavy long bullets and my COAL grew past 3.6” which is too long to shoot the stuff in the Tikka T3x action.

I hand load what I shoot so decided to go with a short action cartridge that gives magnum performance. I want to load “long” and still fit in the Tikka T3x action and magazines. I also shoot better with less recoil as most shooters do. The 6.8 Western checked all of my boxes so bought a pre-fit off the shelf and ditched the 300 WM barrel. I already have a 284 Win otherwise I would have looked hard at going with a custom barrel in 6.5 x 284 Norma.

If I was looking for one production rifle that would do it all on any game in the lower 48, it would be a Tikka super lite SS in 6.5 PRC. The 6.5 Creed is no slouch either.