Tikka CTR w/ Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44… which rings?

Just bought the Tenmile to put on a 6.5CTR. Which rings and height? Leaning towards Vortex Precision Matched, but open to suggestions. What height?

My go-to rings have always been ARC rings. I think I have about 7 sets of them right now (another set ordered today). Been using them for years.

matthewmt

WKR
Night force ultralight lows should work,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'd pull the factory rail and make sure it's properly bonded using jb weld or another adhesive. After that, any set of pic rings with high torque specs should get you where you need to be. Unknown Munitions would be at the top of my list but there's plenty of good ones. Seekins, NF, and hawkins would be my next choices for various reasons including weight and if I needed and integrated bubble level.

sdupontjr

WKR
Sportsmatch may not work with the barrel contour of the CTR. I have vortex precision matched on my Lite but on my CTR, I pulled the rail and went with the new unknown munitions tikka rings with recoil pins. Mine is a trijicon credo 4-16x50 using 1.20 UM tikka rings.

T3 lite with vortex precision 56mm SB Polar.20200921_132526.jpg20200921_132519.jpg

CTR 308 with rail pulled.
20231102_135046.jpg20231102_135056.jpg20231102_135101.jpg20231102_135137.jpg20231102_135117.jpg

Macintosh

WKR
The ctr rail does not need to have rail
pulled, it is pinned and bonded from the factory. Only reason to pull it is if you want to replace it with a different rail that has built-in elevation.

Pmr/seekins rings have never failed me and are one of the easy-buttons. With the ctr cheekpiece you probably dont need or want to be ultra-low. Standard lows should be good.

Are the unknown munitions tikka rings available with elevation, or are they a flat mount only?

The ctr rail does not need to have rail
pulled, it is pinned and bonded from the factory. Only reason to pull it is if you want to replace it with a different rail that has built-in elevation.
That kind of threw me for a loop. By integrated do they mean bonded or ACTUALLY integral like a custom action where you can't remove it? Because making a 0 MOA integral rail would be an odd choice.

Macintosh

WKR
Exactly. Ctr rail is not what I would call “integrated”. It is pinned to the action and bonded with some sort of industrial adhesive at the factory. They are a bit of a pain to remove, not a showstopper by any means but it definitely takes more than simply unscrewing it. I highly doubt 99.9% of the people out there are going to improve on that mounting by removing and reapplying an adhesive, so I would personally consider the factory-mounted rail good to go.

sdupontjr

WKR
Its not hard to remove and it does have 2 pins. I offered 2 different scenarios depending on what way he wants to go. Get some rings and go with what you have, or remove the rail and use the integrated rail on the action. Either way works fine and have both to use in different situations.

Also, it does not take heat to remove. It can be done other ways. So dont get discouraged if you dont have a heat gun.

amassi

WKR
The T3x is easier than the t3 was, the adhesive is a different color:
When I take them off I remove the screws then heat with a heat gun once you can smell the heat hit the rail with a punch and mallet and they pop right off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I have Warne MountainTech low rings on my CTR with an SWFA 3-15 and I’m very happy with them. I’d think the tenmile would fit with them as well.

Just bought the Tenmile to put on a 6.5CTR. Which rings and height? Leaning towards Vortex Precision Matched, but open to suggestions. What height?
Checkout Unknown Munitions new Tikka rings. They are pretty badass. They mount directly to the top of the rifle instead of having to use a rail.