Tikka threading

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I'm also interested in chopping down and threading a factory Tikka. Does anyone know if the Tikka "Lite" rifles actually have a thinner barrel contour than the "Hunter," "Forest" and "Laminated Stainless" versions, or are they the same?

They are the same.

+1 for ADCO’s work. They cut down my t3 lite 338 win mag to 20”, threaded and installed a collar. It’s now very accurate with a suppressor.

Unckebob

WKR
I'm also interested in chopping down and threading a factory Tikka. Does anyone know if the Tikka "Lite" rifles actually have a thinner barrel contour than the "Hunter," "Forest" and "Laminated Stainless" versions, or are they the same?

The Roughtech Lite versions come with threaded barrels.

A 270 T3x has an advertised weight of 6.2 pounds vs the Roughtech Lite's 6.8 pounds. The 270 Roughtech with the 20" barrel is 6.6pounds.

The ADCO collars on the lite barrels, do they shoulder up on the muzzle face or how do they stay put?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Why do weird stuff? Just find a gunsmith that will cut to the length you want and add a permanent adapter/collar to direct thread 5/8x24.

Why do weird stuff? Just find a gunsmith that will cut to the length you want and add a permanent adapter/collar to direct thread 5/8x24.

1/2" threads dont leave much steel with certain bore sizes. I've been led to believe more meat on the muzzle = better. If you're going to put an adapter on there anyway and there is a "just as good" solution that leaves more meat on the muzzle, i'm interested.

I read something similar to this over a decade ago and it stuck with me, i didn't think it was with 5/8" threads though! So what if I can't shoot any possible differences, its just one more variable somewhat in our control.

Last edited: